A few Bermuda ? and one day itinerary.

judyf

1) We will take the ferry to St George's on a Wed. 5/5. Will there be a Wrench dunking at noon? Read some posts that state certain days,only Mon.

2) Is the perfumery worth a visit? What do you get to see? Rainy day option.

3) We're planning to walk the path from Warwich Long Bay beach to Horseshoe Bay beach. I read it's about a mile, a fairly easy walk. Which beach should we start at? How do we find the path? Any tips much appreciated. Looking forward to this.

4) We're planning to stop in Hamilton, on Wed. night on the way back to the ship for the "party" from 7pm to about 10pm, what is there to see and do? What not to miss. Any spot best to view entertainment? Any tips or suggestions.

5) St Catherine's Fort or Hamilton Fort or Seaver Fort??? I was learning towards Seaver Fort as I have read the views are great, any ideas what woulkd be the best fort to visit if we only see one?

I have a ton more questions but this is a great start.

So far my plans for our first day Wed. 5/5:

Ferry from Dockyard to St George's Area. 45 minutes See the sites, unfinished church, Somer's Gardens & wrench dunking, maybe Tobacco Bay.

Take bus to Swizzle Inn, grab something to eat here. Then bus to Hamilton-35 minutes and stop for the Wed. night "party"

bus/ferry or cab back to ship in dockyard.

Any tips or suggestions for this day??

Thanks

I think your day 1 itinerary is doable. You could take a #10 or #11 inbound bus to go to the Swizzle Inn. IIRC, there is a bus stop across the street from SI. Just let the bus driver know what your destination is when you board the bus. To get to Hamilton after eating, you would take a #10 or #11 inbound from the same bus stop you arrived at.

After you visit Tobacco Bay, you could visit Fort St. Catherine which is located a short walk from TB. I've have visited only Fort St. Catherine and Fort Hamilton; and I liked Fort St. Catherine because it was restored. As for Seaver Fort which you mentioned, I could only find information on Fort Scaur which is close to the Dockyard.

The beach trails can be seen in the satellite pictures at this link: http://www.geonames.org/maps/google_32.294_-64.784.html The link is a map of Bermuda: drag the map so S Rd at the bottom of the map is now centered; start clicking "+" sign being sure to keep S Rd centered; after a few clicks of the "+" sign, Horseshoe Bay should appear on the map; now keep HSB centered, click some more; when the slider is at the 2nd mark from the top, the trails will be very apparent; by dragging the map from upper right to lower left, you will be moving northeast along the coast and can follow the trails to Warwick Long Bay.

For your transportation usage, I would suggest you buy a transportation pass which is good for both the bus and ferry. Passes are available for 1, 2, or 3 days and give you unlimited rides for the number of days purchased. Also, bus stops are indicated by either pink or blue poles. Buses are either outbound from Hamilton or inbound to Hamilton. A pink pole stop would be for a bus inbound to Hamilton; a blue pole stop would be a stop for a bus outbound from Hamilton.

SBtS

Thanks yes that's Fort Scaur near dockyard. I can't read my own hand written notes. A guidebook men tioned this as one of the best views.

Anyone know which beach is best to start at?

I'm thinking have bus drop us off at HSB wlak down the hill and then path to WLB beach and then catch bus there? This way we don't have that uphill climb :) any ideas? Is there a bus stop by WLB beach?

Is there wrench dunking on Wed's.?

Day one is done, I'm now working on day 2&3 :)

Thanks yes that's Fort Scaur near dockyard. I can't read my own hand written notes. A guidebook men tioned this as one of the best views.

Anyone know which beach is best to start at?

I'm thinking have bus drop us off at HSB wlak down the hill and then path to WLB beach and then catch bus there? This way we don't have that uphill climb :) any ideas? Is there a bus stop by WLB beach?

Is there wrench dunking on Wed's.?

Day one is done, I'm now working on day 2&3 :)

Warwick Long Bay has an uphill climb also. Yes, there is a bus stop there. I would start at WLB and walk towards Horseshoe. You can get a ride up the hill at Horseshoe but not at Warwick.

Warwick Long Bay has an uphill climb also. Yes, there is a bus stop there. I would start at WLB and walk towards Horseshoe. You can get a ride up the hill at Horseshoe but not at Warwick.

Great this is just the info I was looking for. One plan done. :p

Thanks

we rented mopeds and had a blast. no one crashed either.

Thanks but we will be stopping at the pubs along the way :D so no driving for us on vacation :eek: buses'ferry will work fine :rolleyes:

judyf....

If I remember correctly we sailed with you on the NCL Spirit 11/2006. I was sailing with my 3 kids and if you are who I think we all did the martini class together (and the daquiri class lol). Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

My boyfriend and I are sailing to Bermuda on Celebrity departing 5/9, so I was looking around the Bermuda boards for the same things you are lol.

I'm trying to get my game plan together....I only booked this cruise 3 weeks ahead of time so it's kind of rushed.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Meg

judyf....

If I remember correctly we sailed with you on the NCL Spirit 11/2006. I was sailing with my 3 kids and if you are who I think we all did the martini class together (and the daquiri class lol). Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

My boyfriend and I are sailing to Bermuda on Celebrity departing 5/9, so I was looking around the Bermuda boards for the same things you are lol.

I'm trying to get my game plan together....I only booked this cruise 3 weeks ahead of time so it's kind of rushed.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Meg

Meg, I remember that crusie and the clinci's well. What a night that was.

This cruise it's Jerry and I only. I've cruised with Becky and Jamie from that cruise twice since then, remember he was the guy we picked up at the clinic, LOL That was a good cruise. I think on the Cele cruises you will miss the clinic's :p

You've been pretty busy travelling all over lol. I'm hoping my bf likes crusing, becaue I've been missing it.

I'm excited about Bermuda, and about trying Celebrity. The kids are mad I'm not taking them but they'll live lol. I took them and my mom last July....talk about needing another vacation afterward...geez!!

You've been pretty busy travelling all over lol. I'm hoping my bf likes crusing, becaue I've been missing it.

I'm excited about Bermuda, and about trying Celebrity. The kids are mad I'm not taking them but they'll live lol. I took them and my mom last July....talk about needing another vacation afterward...geez!!

I know, I cruise with my 72 yo mother Easter time and I do know what you mean, LOL BUT we get along well and I keep her up in the clubs all hrs of the night/day :p

Jerry only gets 2 weeks and I have gotten him to do Hawaii and Alaska with me just hoping for calm seas to Bermuda so he doesn'y say never again. :D Yes, the kids will live without you for a week.

An idea for youall with Children.

How about mailing each a Postal Card from one of the nicest Postal Facilities in the World?

Yes in Hamilton, Bermuda. Perot is only a short walk up from the Ferry Terminal.

That way it creates an interest in something which is quickly now with the iAges getting forgotten quickly.

The children may become young philateilists after..;) they well may be agog about this then too.

Times have as well do change..

A reminder of the original function of postage stamps, now often very forgotten: the cost of letter-carrying formerly was paid by the recipient; stamps indicated it had been pre-paid by the sender, thus the letters were "carriage-free.

Lawyers used to only collect fees after the cases were tried too....

Archived