WOW NCL honors price drop after final payment

nurseone

I recently checked prices on our cruise on the Star and the prices had dropped but since we had made final payment wasn't sure what NCL would do but you know it never hurts to ask. Even told our TA to say we would take an upgrade on our October cruise on the Dream. Was very pleased that NCL credited back to credit card the $$ for the difference which was lots of frozen thingees and she even has it in writing. When looking for 06 cruises will look at NCL first.

I am so happy to hear that; I know they used to when I was a TA, now back at work, but haven't had a chance to test this out yet. When the price dropped on Celebrity the attitude was "oh well" and we accepted it We too were hoping for an upgrade. We lived, had a nice cruise and didn't let this influence our decision, but the refund does put NCL at the top of my list also. NMNita

Thanks for sharing! I know HAL has a practice of this - we have done it after final payment on both HAL cruises (2003/2004) and received a credit on our credit card. On Celebrity when we booked in January 2001 - then 9/11 happened - we still made final payment for our December cruise - but after final payment prices fell through the floor since few people wanted to fly (departure out of San Juan). Celebrity offered no upgrade, reduction, or anything although prices to get on the cruise were advertised at less than half of what we had paid for our inside cabin. I will definitely keep an eye on pricing "just in case" for our upcoming NCL cruise. :)

Archived