Balcony Advice

runningcrazy

I have booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for my husband and I for our 20th anniversary next April and I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between a BB or a BA balcony. I am very confused--the BB actually has a larger balcony 54 sq. ft.--located on the 10th deck--the BA can be on the 10th or the 11th deck has a smaller balcony 37 sq. ft. but has a larger price--like $60 per person. Can someone please enlighten me? I have sailed twice on Carnival and this will be the first time on NCL (Star) so I didn't know if there is something I'm missing.

Thank you for your help!

I don't know where you got the balcony sizes, but a BA vs BB price is typically just the location. It would be better to compare two specific cabins vs two categories...there are variances within categories.

On a given deck, the BAs are typically midship while the BBs are rather far forward or far aft. Some BBs way forward may have partially-enclosed balconies ("pocket balcony"). Deck 11 on the Star is below the pool, buffet, and other active areas....can expect some noise in early morning as crew sets up areas for the day. There are only a few BAs on Deck 11....most are AFs.

'hope that this helps some...

I'm new to NCL as well, so I might not have a proper impression, but I just upraded my BC cabin to a BA. The BA cabins are all at the back of the ship on various decks on the Epic cruise I'm taking. Therefore, I assumed a BA cabin was an aft cabin, which is something that many others have commented on other threads as having a larger balcony and being in a great location for views since it is at the back of the ship. My impression was that the BA is a better cabin choice if you don't suffer from sea sickness. But, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I have booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for my husband and I for our 20th anniversary next April and I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between a BB or a BA balcony. I am very confused--the BB actually has a larger balcony 54 sq. ft.--located on the 10th deck--the BA can be on the 10th or the 11th deck has a smaller balcony 37 sq. ft. but has a larger price--like $60 per person. Can someone please enlighten me? I have sailed twice on Carnival and this will be the first time on NCL (Star) so I didn't know if there is something I'm missing.

Thank you for your help!

Go with a balcony cabin on deck 10 mid ship, you won't get noise from the pool or buffet on deck 12 like you would on deck 11. We have had a cabin on 11 below the buffet and they move the tables around for cleaning about 12 every night.

OP and others.. Please note that anytime you read about the sq. footage of any cabin or balcony, that can vary cabin to cabin, even in the same catagory. You may think you are getting x number of sq. feet for your balcony and get onboard and actually have less. They are probably going to publish the sq. footage that is the largest offered.

Thanks to everyone that answered. I was mistaken about the square footage--I was looking at the handicapped rooms--they do have a larger balcony. I went ahead and booked 10722 after your advice about not wanting to be on deck 11--we would have been under the teen club and video center---ugggggggg! So now we are as far aft as we can get without paying more for an aft balcony--right above us is the mens treatment/spa area--so I'm sure quieter than the teen club!!

On a separate note, I read on the boards about the Tropicana offer-I registered online and answered 4 questions to get a free point. When I got home we actually had two cartons of Tropicana in the fridge--entered those codes and they give you an offer of entering a shopper's card if your grocery offers one. Mine does, so I entered my number and they doubled my points!!! All together I now had 13 points--printed my redemption cert. and placed it in the mail for tomorrow!!! Easy as that and I'll have $100 easy dollars when I get there!

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Archived