doors on balcony

cotatica

Gee, doesn't anyone remember the Star fire a few years ago??? If you had your balcony door open that night, you'd be a crispy critter right about now. A/C aside, keeping your door open can be dangerous.

I find it odd that we have never had a problem with the a/c on any of our cruises. Well, not totally true. There was a problem with the blower in one cabin. It was running too fast and the room was always cold even though we were in the tropics. They fixed it twice.

If this was such a problem, wouldn't you think we would have run into it by now?

We have the spa cabin for our upcoming cruise, with a balcony..(we wanted no smoking while using our balcony, so we did the right thing) but we would not leave the door open! It would be unfair to others, and it will be the middle of july when it will be hot hot hot! Have a fun cruise no matter what line you are using, but be considerate of others, its easy to do :)

When on the Crown in January, we could see why they wanted the door generally left closed. Even with the hallway door closed, when the balcony door is open there is a constant flow of air from the hallway into the room through the vent in the bottom of the door.

If you accidentally open the hallway door while the balcony door is open, your room becomes a wind-tunnel, causing a massive loss of conditioned air. (The air in your room gets swapped out in about two seconds; I could imagine that messing up the air in the hallway wouldn't take much longer.)

SirWired

We have the spa cabin for our upcoming cruise, with a balcony..(we wanted no smoking while using our balcony, so we did the right thing) but we would not leave the door open! It would be unfair to others, and it will be the middle of july when it will be hot hot hot! Have a fun cruise no matter what line you are using, but be considerate of others, its easy to do :)

What is a "spa cabin" and how does it provide a smoke free balcony? It sounds like I might want one of those type.

What is a "spa cabin" and how does it provide a smoke free balcony? It sounds like I might want one of those type.

If you notice in their signature, they are booked on the Carnival Dream in a couple of months, and I am sure that is where they were able to book the Spa Cabin. Princess does not offer these.

Archived