Best low-rise beach for snorkeling?

Birdnutty

We're looking for a nice beach not too far from the ship, not terribly crowded but with shade and rentable amenities like lounge chairs and available showers with good snorkeling off the beach. Having a bar and food available nearby would be nice, too. We have our own snorkeling equip, so we don't need to rent. Are we looking for the impossible?

If this ideal location does exist, does the bus pass nearby, or do we have to take a cab?

Just as an aside - I'd also love to see some big iguanas! :)

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking for a nice beach not too far from the ship, not terribly crowded but with shade and rentable amenities like lounge chairs and available showers with good snorkeling off the beach. Having a bar and food available nearby would be nice, too. We have our own snorkeling equip, so we don't need to rent. Are we looking for the impossible?

If this ideal location does exist, does the bus pass nearby, or do we have to take a cab?

Just as an aside - I'd also love to see some big iguanas! :)

We have the same requirements for a day at the beach in Aruba! Can anyone offer their assistance?

A taxi would definitely be the best way to go. Or rent a jeep/car for a few hours. As for showers nearby I don't know of any area that you can snorkle in with that with the exception of the Private Island run by DePalm Tours. If you take a taxi shouldn't be more than $15 each way, you can take a ferry across to the Island and have some good diving. Another area I would strongly recommend (no showers, however there is a good bar and restaurant nearby) is Baby Beach. This is a protected area with some great snorkling.

For more information specifically on what to do with one day in Aruba go the

www.aruba-bb.com

and ask around. I am Fisherlady 48 there as well and there are lots of great answers for Aruba. It is an exclusive Aruba board.

I will be in Aruba from the Grandeur in May.. And I go again for 10 days inNovember.. can't wait.

Havey a Happy Day

Fisherlady48 aka Kathleen

Archived