princess daphne

seabourndt

Hi Jimmy

Welcome home. It doesn't sound like things improved at all once we left. We decided that we just couldn't stomach one more night on that ship.

I finally got an acknowledgment to my email to CIC.

We acknowledge receipt of your email - rest assured your comments will be passed to Management, Sales & Marketing & Customer Relations.

Kind Regards,

Classic International Cruises Australia

PO Box 409

Neutral Bay N.S.W. 2089

Tel: 02 9908 7877

Fax: 02 9908 7833

I don't hold out much hope that my comments will change anything, but we will wait and see.

For those traveling in the future; get to know Tracey, (Accounts Purser) she is from England and a lovely lady, very helpful.

Kiwiboy

Hi again Jimmy or Kiwiboy

Can you please expand on the dining situation again? Do you mean we must dress formal every night in the dining room if we wish to eat there? i.e Black tie? I assumed that the Daphne only has 2 formal sittings on our cruise?

Thanks again guys :)

There are only 2 formal nights. The other dining nights are smart casual. Men must wear long trousers and collared shirt and the ladies a dress or skirt. You won't get in with shorts and tee shirt or jandals etc.

Hi kiwiboy

yes thing did not get better they had 3 formal nights total rest casual which to most ausies would mean smart dress ie good shorts and shirt. I tried going to dinner like alot of people did but was rejected not impressed.

Kruzermum

Drink prices are as follows standard beer $5.50 stubbie

Spirits $5.50 nip +.50c for soft drinks

house wine $4.00 glass yuk

soft drinks $3.75 can

wine by the bottle $30.00

bottle water in cabin $3.75 water not only tap water

Hi Jimmy,

Would you please post all information on the forum for the benefit of us all.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The reason I included my private email address was due to the fact in a previous post by Jimmy, he mentioned he got cut off writing his review. He also mentioned he had much to say, I assumed if he 'wanted' to email me privately a long review of all the happenings, he could do so at his own discretion.:)

I too would like all emails to be transparent.

Cheers

Kruzermum

Drink prices are as follows standard beer $5.50 stubbie

Spirits $5.50 nip +.50c for soft drinks

house wine $4.00 glass yuk

soft drinks $3.75 can

wine by the bottle $30.00

bottle water in cabin $3.75 water not only tap water

Excellent Jimmy, thanks again :)

How about the menu? Can you give us some idea as to what we can expect for our meals in both the dining room and the buffet? I'm really keen to know as they do pride themselves in '5 Star dining'!:rolleyes:

Sorry for all the pressing questions, you have been awesome :)

8.30am Sudoku and croswords are available at reception

9.00am Join your Cruise Team as wwe Walk A Mile around the deck

9.30am Put on your sport shoes as we teach you to some Zumba Dance

10.00am The Library is open (6 english books and 8 German books)

10.00am Join us for the morning quiz in the Piano Bar "Stain the Brain"

10.45am Mini Olympics

12.00- 14.00 Lunch

14.00pm Strain the Brain todays Sport quiz

14.30pm Put on your dancing shoes for some Merengue Dance

15.00pm Enertainment Corner. Join Barry and our entertainers n the Show Lounge as we find out what its like to work on the cruise ship and all things show business.

15.45pm Stretch Class. Join our dancers in the Show Lounge for some stretches of the muscles.

17.00pm The library is open

17.15 Cards on sale for BINGO

17.30PM BINGO TIME

18.30PM Relax with a window on the wold as Domingos play some soothing cocktail tunes in the Piano Bar.

19.00pm Listen to the rhythm of the Latin feel with our fantastic onboard duo "Los Oaraguayos" in the Neptun Bar

19.30pm DINNER

20.30pm Liars Club. Can you tell fact from Fiction?

20.45pm Aquaband are are playing for your dancing pleasure!!!

She has a lovely voice, however the songs are too old fashion

20.45pm "Domingos tinkles your favourite melodies

21.45pm SHOWTIME - Farewell Show

22.15pm Los Paraquayos enjoy the latin feel in the Neptune Bar

23.00pm Domingos and Rosette Go back at the piano bar

23.15 Aquaband are playing in the Show Lounge

23.00pm Get your Dancing shoes on and strut your funky stuff as DJ Ricardo spins the wheels of stell in the Disco till late.

MOST PASSENGERS WERE IN BED by than, as you can only drink so much. The Waitresses are on commission so we have been told.

LUNCH

Appetizer

Chef's Salad - Iceberg lettuce topped with turkey, ham, swiss cheese, tomato, hard boiled eggs with a lemon and herb dressing.

Soup

Split green peas soup "St Germain"

Main Courses

Penne Rigate "Scarpara"- Sauteed with sliced boiled ham in a fresh tomato sauce flavoured with oregano.

Fish and Chips

Deep fried codfish in light beer batter, sprinkled with malt vinegar, served with French Fries and lemon parsley aioli.

Grilled Pork Chop "Charcutiere"- Topped with Julienne of gherkin, accompanied with mashed potato and mixed vegies.

Club Sandwich

Vegetarian - Fresh Herb Omlette

Salad

Desserts

Selection of International Cheeses and Crackers

Carrot Cake Topped with Icing

Coupe "Sunset" - Strawberry icecream, vanilla sauce, roated almonds, Chantilly cream and biscuit

Fresh Fruits from the Basket

Beverages - Coffee, Decaff and Tea

Wine Suggestion Chablis (France) - White $45.00

Wine Suggestion Cadet (France) - Red $32.00

Potions are small but enough - Buffet on the Pool deck has not everything the Dining Room offers, but I prefered the Buffet anytime.

Warm Green Asparagus Spear (2) on a Pillow of Puff Pastry

Smoked Salmon Platter

Soup

Cream "Dubarry" - Cauliflower with paprika croutons

Double Beef Consomme with Sherry

Intermezzo

Lemon Vodka Sorbet ( very sweet, could not taste any Vodka only sugar)

Main Course

Penne

Lobster "Thermidor" Yummy best we had

Roasted Tenderloin of Beef,

Grilled Medallions of Pork "Normandie"

Vegetarian

Stuffed Peppers with Rice and Herbs

Salad - Mesclun salad with Walnuts

Desserts

Selection of Cheeses and Crackers

Baked Alaska on Parade ( very sweet ) but we got to introduced to all the cooks and waitresses and who ever...fantastic done

Dark Chocolade Mouse with Roasted Almonds

Fresh Fruits from the Basket

Coffee and tea

Wines the same as the lunch menu...

The food was good and plentyfull...

Potions are small but enough - Buffet on the Pool deck has not everything the Dining Room offers, but I prefered the Buffet anytime.

Ships I've cruised on will let you have second helpings and more. But I guess you could always go to the buffet after and fill up LOL.

Hi Jimmy Is there any positive on this ship we are on the same deck as you were on cabin 332 I hope we dont have the same probs as the costa alegra. You didnt say if you got any grog on board. I have two differant papers from the cic one says yes and the other no. We are taking it anyway. Tanks for your info Monica

Hi Lynne,

Do you know the name of the person you spoke to because I wrote to them yesterday with a copy of Kiwiboy's report and have had no acknowledgement which I find quite disappointing.

My travel agent contacted the head of their cruise department. He is a small ship enthusiast and this is what he had to say.

"The Princess Daphne is a wonderful little old ship and offers 3,5 star service at 3.5star prices with incredible itineraries.

I myself have put my own clients on her and four out of 5 couples have rebooked her for next season."

I am looking forward to hearing other experiences on this ship.

Chris

No I didnt get the persons name I spoke with at CIC on Friday afternoon, I was given an email address to send to res@.......

CIC must surely have the link to this site to see the adverse comments. There are too many to ignore. Reading the comments tonight, we have thought to cancel but would lose too much money. I guess we can only make the most of it and put it down to experience.! We are looking forward to hearing other comments from people heading off on their January cruises. I was so looking forward to this cruise, certainly have 2nd thoughts now.

I would have thought the drink were at 'duty free' prices!!! Because the ship isnt full of passengers, are they doubling the prices of drinks?

Has anyone booked their tours yet?

What is the situation re laundry? If we cant take a travelling iron on board - are there washing machines/dryers on board.

cheers for now

Lynne - Darwin (happyg)

Hi Monica

yes did take some on board they didnt even check or asked if we had any.Most off the cabins down the back off the ship had water damages and had to shift people to other cabins.They still trying to dry the carpets and were replacing some carpet in rooms when we got off the ship.Just put the grog in your suit case.

Reading the comments tonight, we have thought to cancel but would lose too much money.

With 72 days until your cruise you would "forfeit your non refundable, non transferable deposit regardless of fare paid."

We are looking forward to hearing other comments from people heading off on their January cruises. Well you will certainly get mine.

I was so looking forward to this cruise, certainly have 2nd thoughts now. You are not alone. I think we all share your thoughts.

I would have thought the drink were at 'duty free' prices!!! Because the ship isnt full of passengers, are they doubling the prices of drinks? No cruise line to my knowledge sells drinks at duty free prices these days.

What is the situation re laundry? If we cant take a travelling iron on board - are there washing machines/dryers on board.

No washing machines on board but there is a laundry service "at a nominal charge."

Chris

Good Morning All,

Well things are certainly heating up! It's my first day back at work today, only 8 more days and I'll be on leave again YIPEEEEEEEEEE!

OK, I have resigned myself to the sheer fact that we are going to make the most of this cruise. We have friends travelling with us (who we were fortunate to meet on the Dawn in July 2009, who just happen to live a couple of suburbs away) and we have Chris and Daphne:) who we are yet to meet:D. And the food sounds OK!

I agree, if we are all disappointed I am sure we can rally and push for a refund or some form of compensation from CIC. I can't imagine that they have not responded to this problem already, I believe there will be a marked improvement by the time we board. Wishful thinking maybe :o

I am certainly going to take some champers with me on board, I have seen two conflicting responses to this topic also and whilst I am at work this week I will photcopy this info and present this if questioned.

My friend has a travel iron, I'm sure she will pack this in for us both to use! I just think it's ridiculous for them to not allow us to use this in the privacy of our cabin. Maybe their concern is the fact that the iron could be used by a disgruntled passenger as weapon:rolleyes:

Do they have XRAY Machines? Can anyone tell me this???????

Hope you are all having a great day.

I am also thinking of booking cruise on the above ship cruising Japan.

Like everybody on here cant find too much info on her, so might just have to take the chance & bite the bullet.

Rowanway Gold Coast

Hi rowanaway,

I'd be safe in offering the advice to wait for some more reviews to be posted here before you book on her. Chris and I will be back in Feb if you can wait that long as we will certainly post our experience for you all to see. And also some others will be back on the 24th January.

Cheers

There are many many things that I am willing to put up with and still have a good time, lack of air conditioning when travelling to Vietnam/Cambodia is not one of them. I have contacted the office in NSW, someone is going to call back.

Yes I must agree, I cetainly do not wish to sweat it out on the ship! How uncomfortable, in the tropics and not being able to stay cool. I have just sent a letter off to my agent here in Canberra, she is very good. I will await her response.

Archived