The Perfect Beach Day

GTNE80

The choice of beach depends on your criteria.

Mine include:

1. Comfy lounge chair and umbrella close to the water.

2. Soft white sand

3. Beautiful scenery (natural scenery that is :rolleyes:).

4. Plenty of activity.

5. A beach bar with cold adult beverages within a short walk from the chair or (even better) waitresses/waiters.

6. Not too loud (some music okay, but not blaring loud)

7. While I enjoy having some people around, I don't want to have to listen to their conversations, music, etc. I don't want to have to trip over people to get to the water or the beach bar.

So, with those criteria in mind, what's the best beach on St. Thomas?

My family and I were in St. Thomas in March 2008. We took a taxi ride to Coki Beach and it was the best beach I've been to yet. It is relatively small, but not too crowded. Most of the family did snorkeling and said it was beautiful. Those of us that didn't just enjoyed being waited on by a nice staff of people and wondered around on beautiful rocks and swam. We were surrounded by mountains and lush tropics. Not a "touristy" feel. The ride there and back was really nice, and we made a few photo stops.

Mine include:

2. Soft white sand

4. Plenty of activity.

5. A beach bar with cold adult beverages within a short walk from the chair or (even better) waitresses/waiters.

7. While I enjoy having some people around, I don't want to have to listen to their conversations, music, etc. I don't want to have to trip over people to get to the water or the beach bar.

All depends on the amount of ships in port that day. We're always partial to Magen's but again, if there's 5 ships in port - it will be crowded everywhere (that would fit your criteria). But hey, a busy day at Magen's is still better than any day at home! :D

Looks like only 2 ships in port that day (albeit good sized ones), RC Freedom of the Seas and a Princess ship (can't recall the name). I'm thinking more and more that Magens has to be the choice. Thanks for the response.

Mine include:

2. Soft white sand

4. Plenty of activity.

Emerald Beach is wonderful also...our son will be married there while we are on the dream this summer, and its not too far from the ship!

Emerald Beach is wonderful also...our son will be married there while we are on the dream this summer, and its not too far from the ship!

Another vote for Emerald Beach. We were there in February and had a great time. The only thing it is not good for is snorkeling but that was not on your list.

The beach bar is close. No waitstaff when we were there. The drinks are pricey but they pour them right:cool:. They make a great Long Island Iced Tea.

• 1 month later...
Just curious what the taxi fare is to Coki Beach? Been there a few years back. Loved the beach and my husband dives there.

Havensight to Coki $9 per person, one way.

Crown Bay to Coki $10 per person, one way.

--Islander

Archived