Trying RCI again. Cabanas at CoCoCay

Hi.

I am willing to give RCI another chance after a 9 year absence.

I was not treated very well by a person working at the guest services desk. I guess she was having a bad day. I have not been back since.

I have chosen a four day on Majesty with a stop in Coco Cay. I was wondering about the Cabanas. Are they small buildings like on Half Moon Cay? Or just a small covered space with a couple of loungers? Is there a charge for these? Who can rent one if there is a charge?

Thanks in advance.

Try the Ports of Call section-Private Islands. There are pictures of the cabanas on there. They look like a hard roof with curtain type sides that can be closed. I believe they are on a first come, first serve basis with no charge.

When you get off of the ship the "cabanas" are first come first serve" (or were last summer when we were there). Go to the FAR left of the dock... you will see a little bar area. Go into that area and you will see the "cabanas".... Think of them as more of a pergola with 4 loungers under them. I think there are about 3 of them. They are NOT highly used because they are not water accessible. They are on the cliffy/rocky side of the island. We loved it. Had a gread view of the ship and shade. The bar was also only steps away. It was also VERY quiet! Everyone else on the ship stayed on the side where you could walk straight into the water. Guess what?!?! When I wanted to get into the water... I walked a tiny bit further and walked into the water. Hmmmm funny how that works on an island. ;)

Now if you have kids... it was about as far away from the water parky thing that they have... but super close to the snorkel area (which was surprisingly awesome).

It was our FAVORITE day on our cruise.... I had heard that the 3 previous cruises had had to miss Coco Cay because of weather (tendering and all)... bummer for them!

Wow thanks everyone!

I really appreciate all of the replies.

I guess I had a different idea of Cabana but thats ok! I know I will have a great time anyway.

I am looking forward to this trip.

Thanks again. :)

Archived