What time to you disembark? Mariner

Earlier this month, we did the walk off express departure (where you carry off your luggage) and we were off the ship and in the parking lot by 8:15. The posted time for it was 8:15, so we were ahead of schedule.

Not sure if that's typical, but that was our experience.

We were on Mariner in Feb. We put our luggage out the night before and we were off at 8:30am and our luggage was right there waiting for us. It was only 20-25 min to the airport on Sunday morning and we were there just after 9am. No problems, hope this helps!:)

Keep in mind it is best to allow for some wiggle room. The above two posters revealed what time people get off when their are no delays. Ships do sometimes arrive late to port (i.e. due to weather, mechanical problems, medical emergencies etc.) and more commonly there are customs delays (nobody may leave the ship until customs clears the ship for debarkation). As such, booking an early flight is risky.

I've made 11:30 AM flights out of LAX and 12:30 flights out of SNA with little worry. Customs is definitely an issue though ... sometimes you can sit for 30-40 minutes while they keep paging the same international passengers to come and declare themselves to customs.

Thank you all for the information! It's very helpful!

I looked last night, and found out that it takes 45-60 minutes to get from the San Pedro port to LAX.

I have two flight times to choose from: Noon or 4pm. Do you think Noon would be pushing it, if I want to get to the airport AT LEAST an hour and a half before take off?

I really don't want a lot of stress getting home, but I also don't really want to sit around in an airport for hours and hours.

Suggestions????

A noon flight time is reasonable. While there is a small chance of a delay occurring that would lead you to miss the flight, the risk is small enough that most people would be comfortable opting for the noon flight. You have about 90 minutes or so of wiggle room for delays. I would recommend doing self-disembarkation (where you carry off all your luggage yourself and are in the first group of people of the ship).

Archived