Carnival Dream, cabin 7345 ~ am I screwed??

biksgirl

so of course I had booked my cruise and room way before I ever found Cruise Critic and after reading about the Dream, I think I picked a horrible room!! I am on my first Carnival Cruise (only cruised once before on RCL, oceanview cabin) and now we went for a balcony on the Dream, with DH and 2 small kids.

I am a light sleeper and a non smoker...I know people can smoke on their balconies, that's fine, but is my room also on the smoking side of the ship? I also think my balcony falls right in the middle of 2 hot tubs...just how noisy does this area get? (don't care during the day, it's the evening when I want to sleep I'm concerned about)

We are also close to the elevator....:( am I totally screwed??

We have rooms 9235 & 9231 & 9237. They are adjoining so we cannot do cove rooms since we want a LARGE balcony. However if I were only with one room, I would rebook in a cove balcony. From what I hear they are quiet!!!!!!!

Port side on the Dream is the smoking side and you are on starboard so you should be fine. Don't worry about the elevator, I've had cabins in similar locations and it's never been a problem.

We were on deck 11 so we didn't hear any noise from the hot tubs. I never saw that many people in those hot tubs, at any time. I don't think it will be a real problem. I think they may close them at 10 pm but I am not sure.

Port side on the Dream is the smoking side and you are on starboard so you should be fine. Don't worry about the elevator, I've had cabins in similar locations and it's never been a problem.

We were on deck 11 so we didn't hear any noise from the hot tubs. I never saw that many people in those hot tubs, at any time. I don't think it will be a real problem. I think they may close them at 10 pm but I am not sure.

Thanks for the information...I don't really get the whole starboard/port side thing and really had no clue which side I was on...if it's not the smoking side of the public area then I'm happy...I guess I should bring some earplugs just in case there is some noise...glad the elevators are no problem! Thanks again!

I just got off the Dream last week. I enjoyed quietly walking the lanai at night, and there aren't many people out there. People that were out there were pretty quiet, and I didn't see anyone in the hot tubs. Bring your earplugs anyway, just in case. There's more of a chance of having noise from people in the hallway heading to their rooms, which can happen anywhere on any ship. Enjoy your cruise! I loved the Dream!

I just got off the Dream last week. I enjoyed quietly walking the lanai at night, and there aren't many people out there. People that were out there were pretty quiet, and I didn't see anyone in the hot tubs. Bring your earplugs anyway, just in case. There's more of a chance of having noise from people in the hallway heading to their rooms, which can happen anywhere on any ship. Enjoy your cruise! I loved the Dream!

I agree. We were on Deck 7 also and I heard hallway noise, never heard noise from the Lanai at night.

We had a great cruise and I loved the Lanai during the day, it was a nice quiet get away, compared the the noisy pool are, great for reading and watching the ocean. It was basically empty at night.

so of course I had booked my cruise and room way before I ever found Cruise Critic and after reading about the Dream, I think I picked a horrible room!! I am on my first Carnival Cruise (only cruised once before on RCL, oceanview cabin) and now we went for a balcony on the Dream, with DH and 2 small kids.

I am a light sleeper and a non smoker...I know people can smoke on their balconies, that's fine, but is my room also on the smoking side of the ship? I also think my balcony falls right in the middle of 2 hot tubs...just how noisy does this area get? (don't care during the day, it's the evening when I want to sleep I'm concerned about)

We are also close to the elevator....:( am I totally screwed??

The only issues beyond the over crowding at times the Dream is known for and the sewer smells that sometimes permeate certain areas of the ship would be where exactly that cabin balcony is located. Because the Dream caries too many passengers and the dining facilities are taxed Carnival set up an impromptu barbaque to assist with the meal seeking overflow. The smoke and noise are there..but during the day time hours.

Carnival has a serious problem with the Dream..avoid peak time me and social hour events as the public areas on the ship are not equipped to handle it.

Thanks for the information...I don't really get the whole starboard/port side thing and really had no clue which side I was on...if it's not the smoking side of the public area then I'm happy...I guess I should bring some earplugs just in case there is some noise...glad the elevators are no problem! Thanks again!

The Port and Starboard issue is easy to remember this way...all of the small words are on the left side of the ship (left, port, red navigation light)...all of the long words are on the right side of the ship (right, green navigation light and starboard). :)

Archived