Private Tour Guide for Gdynia/Gdansk

horns

Hi !

We were in Gdynia 2 years ago with the Crown Princess and we visited the Marlbork Castle, the Stuhoff Concentration Camp and the Old Port in Gdansk with a private guide and a chauffeur !

We asked quotations from different operators on the Web and found out that here were not much difference in prices between the 3 proposals we received ! Avoid finishing your tour in Gdansk as the traffic is horrendous after 15.00 hrs !

We are looking for recommendations for a private guide to meet us in port at Gdynia and tour through Gdansk. Also, we would welcome any recommendations for sights while in Gdansk.

Here are some impressions of our tour:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/02/gdynia-poland-private-tour-in-gdansk.html

Our tour guide came with her car and took us right from the pier to Gdansk.

It was a great experience in Gdansk.

Regards

HeinBloed

We used Andrew Falkowski. It was a great tour, we visited Stutthof Camp, Old Town and Solidarity Square. The traffic truly was horrendous so we did a quick drive by of Sopot, which we had intended to stop at, just to make sure we got back in time. I must tell you that visiting Gdansk was one of the highlights of our trip. The story of the Polish people and country is truly emotional and amazing. You will be very impressed.

We had a great trip with Tours In Poland http://www.toursinpoland.com/gdansk_tours.html

I really think that if you have never visited a concentration camp, you owe it to history to be witness and go to Stutthoff. It is an experience you will not forget.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/baltic.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

• 1 month later...

If you are really loocking for the best recommendation read my post at :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=980796&highlight=baltic+poland&page=16

We had never met a better taxi driver. It was the best day of our vacation. Ability to talk to someone local who knows the local realities of daily life and visit all the interesting places caused that day spent in Poland will remain in our memory for a long time.

Contact the driver: w.bendryn@gmail.com and see what he can offer.

• 1 month later...

Had a great driver/guide in mid July. His name was Wojciech Bendryn. We had a group of 6 on a pretty hot day and the A/C in his van worked well!.

His command of English language was excellent and was his narration of the area. We had a great day which included Sopot.

Contact him at w.bendryn@gmail.com.

Carol

We are looking for recommendations for a private guide to meet us in port at Gdynia and tour through Gdansk. Also, we would welcome any recommendations for sights while in Gdansk.

Hi please let us know if you find a good price for a private tour from Gdynia. We would like to get a tour of old town Gdansk and Malbork Castle. We have one quote for $100 each for 5 hours in one vehicle but that seems like quite a bit when there are 4 of us. I think I would like to go work as a tour guide if that is the kind of money they make!

GDANSK - MALBORK - by car

Malbork is located 1/1,5 hr drive from Gdansk. This is simply another town. Touring this place is said to be pretty expensive - entrance fees, photo stickers and guides. If I remember well the castle is having its own guides that are licensed to do this, particular spot.

This may make the higher price.

You have to see outstanding Old Town of Gdansk while in Poland.

Archived