Chankanaab questions and possible alternatives

LisadelRio

We are trying to decide where to go when we're in Coz for the day on March 12. We've been many times, so we're familiar with the island and have bought every thing we wanted to buy there.

My husband and I want to snorkle, but our 11 year old likes to play in the sand and occasionally in the water. We'd also like some shade and to eat and drink there. So, I'm thinking that Chank might be the place. We've been there and enjoyed it, but it was 5 years ago.

We went to Dzul ha last time, but it just wasn't very welcoming and there wasn't a lot of sand. The food was just okay. Then there was that thing about the sewage discharge there, although I realize that's been a couple of years ago.

So, has anyone eaten at Chankanaab in the last few months? How was the food? And, is there anywhere else on the island with snorkeling, sand, food, drink, and shade - besides the house we like to rent north of town.:)

Thanks,

Lisa

Chankanaab is nice, but it can get crowded on day where there a lot of ships visiting. Last March, DW and the kids went there for the dolphin swim and I met them there after I did a couple of dives. We ate at the restaurant and it was fine.

You might try the Fiesta Americana just a couple a bit south of Dzul Ha. It has sand, shade, snorkeling, a bar and a restaurant.

http://www.playa-azul.com/english/home.asp is a nice hotel to the north of town. Perhaps here as well.

Archived