Drving from Cannes to visit Gourdon and Tourettes

SmokinActuary

We have been to those towns while spending significant time vacationing in France. Driving to Gourdon is not a problem and you could make a quick stop in Grasse. We assume you are talking about Tourettes sur Loup (there are several Tourettes in France) which is also very doable and you could also try to squeeze some time in to visit St Paul de Vence (one of our favorite places in the South of France). Not sure what you mean by "attempting this" since its just a relatively normal drive.

Hank

Hey Hank!

I was hoping you would answer,given you previous posts on various French Riviera threads.

What I was thinking of attempting is driving a loop through Tourettes Sur-Loup and Gourdon, A loop-de-loup so to speak.

My reference to "attempting this" was concerns about parking and time considerations given how long the boat is going to stay in Cannes.

I wanted to skip Saint Paul De Vence because with all the other cruisers and tourists there already I wanted to do something further afield.

Hey Hank!

I was hoping you would answer,given you previous posts on various French Riviera threads.

What I was thinking of attempting is driving a loop through Tourettes Sur-Loup and Gourdon, A loop-de-loup so to speak.

My reference to "attempting this" was concerns about parking and time considerations given how long the boat is going to stay in Cannes.

I wanted to skip Saint Paul De Vence because with all the other cruisers and tourists there already I wanted to do something further afield.

Well, if you have previously been to St Paul de Vence then skipping it might make some sense. But, many places are popular for good reason. We know lots of French villages that have no tourists (been to many) and can give you lots of names. But there is usualy a reason they have no tourists. As to parking, in France it is usually not a big problem since in most unpopular places there is more then enough parking and in popular places there are usually parking garages. Now parking in Italy is another issue....but that is not the subject.

Hank

Well, if you have previously been to St Paul de Vence then skipping it might make some sense. But, many places are popular for good reason. We know lots of French villages that have no tourists (been to many) and can give you lots of names. But there is usualy a reason they have no tourists. As to parking, in France it is usually not a big problem since in most unpopular places there is more then enough parking and in popular places there are usually parking garages. Now parking in Italy is another issue....but that is not the subject.

Hank

This is my first time to the Riviera so I guess St. Paul is a must. What about Eze? Am I better off doing the towns I want to see via car rental?

Also another option that I have is to take the boat's excursion to Fayence and Seillans in lower Provence. Do you have any opinions about this?

Again thanks is in order.

Archived