Taxi to Cahuita National Park

FL Jim

Does anyone know about how much it is to get a cab from Puerto Limon to Cahuita National Park for a tour? Does anyone have any recommendations for sightseeing and a good Costa Rican lunch in that area?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, If i remember right, the price was $35 per person for a tour to Cahuita park.....that was the price given by the tour guides located right off the ship.....without even trying to bargain, the guy came down to $25 when we told him we were going there.....so be sure to bargain....your dollar goes a longggg way in Costa Rica.....the park only asks for a donation of a $1 to get in....its a very pretty walk through the park...you will see jungle with the sloths and all that.....one possible problem you could run into is the darn rain....from what ive read it seems as if part of the trail is under water a good part of the time....so in order to cross that part of the trail you either need to be willing to walk through some waist high water, or hope that someone is there in a small boat to take you across.....if you cant get across, you miss being able to walk a large portion of the trail............they also tend to have rough waters there, so its more of a surfers paradise than it is for those who want to play in calm waters.....but it is beautiful to see......we ran into very few people there....some surfers from around the world, and quite a few locals....we felt totally safe there.......its not an area for people who are afraid to get their hands dirty.....the kinds of tourists they get there are generally europeans who are backpacking it and staying in rooms there that rent for $10 a night.......they had lots of little restaurants around......dont expect anything fancy by any means!......there werent many stores around to shop....i saw only a couple....no one there trying to braid your hair or that kinda stuff..............so thats the run down..........if we ever go back to costa rica, ill probably go back to Cahuita park again, and just hope it doesnt rain as it did our first time........as i said in a prior posting here, the cheapest way to get there is to take the local bus system and pay 75 cents per person....doesnt take that much longer than a taxi.....but i know that most cruisers arent up for taking a bus in a foreign country:)

Archived