EOS with a 15 month old.....

Jeff A

and this website gave me the courage to do it......we are booked on the 11/19/10 - 9 nighter on EOS out of NJ with our little one who will be a whopping 15 mos at the time.......I tried to convince the wife that a D1 balcony was going to be fine but she wasnt having it so we splurged for the JS.....I hope this vacation doesnt drive me to create a code "oscar" (I read this was the code for man overboard).........words in support of this booking will now be accepted.

A JS is a perfect way to cruise, IMO! The cabin is most alike in size to a hotel room...

Of course, when you vacation with kids, it's a different sort of experience than when it's "adult only", but you will have a fun, memorable time.

You officially have my support! Enjoy!

Oh please don't tell me that you have a Deck 10 Center JS AFT (1394 or 1694) on EOS because if you do then I may have to come with you and volunteer to be your full time nanny :D.

I just LOVE sitting back there on those AFT balconies and having total peace. :)

Here is a great web site that I spent many long hours studying when I was planning to do Explorer (never did get on it, we cancelled and switched it twice)

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/publicspaces/12_youthareas/advocean/advbeach/gallery/_gallery.html

Have a great cruise!

Oh please don't tell me that you have a Deck 10 Center JS AFT (1394 or 1694) on EOS because if you do then I may have to come with you and volunteer to be your full time nanny :D.

I just LOVE sitting back there on those AFT balconies and having total peace. :)

Here is a great web site that I spent many long hours studying when I was planning to do Explorer (never did get on it, we cancelled and switched it twice)

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/publicspaces/12_youthareas/advocean/advbeach/gallery/_gallery.html

Have a great cruise!

Sorry...those AFT rooms were gone...i tried.....we are starboard AFT i.......but with your credentials on this site we think you would make a great nanny/cruise planner/concierge/personal cruise director.....your business card wouldnt be able to fit all your titles......there is a connecting JS to our room????...hahaha....thanks for that link...thats some of the best pictures of a JS I have seen!

and this website gave me the courage to do it......we are booked on the 11/19/10 - 9 nighter on EOS out of NJ with our little one who will be a whopping 15 mos at the time.......I tried to convince the wife that a D1 balcony was going to be fine but she wasnt having it so we splurged for the JS.....I hope this vacation doesnt drive me to create a code "oscar" (I read this was the code for man overboard).........words in support of this booking will now be accepted.

:) You guys will have a blast! We are on the same sailing w/ our 4 kids plus 3 cousins with age ranges of "almost" 3 - 13 :)

OK so it was a really nice time - lots of work but serious quality time with our little dude who now had a brief moment of separation anxiety after having mom and dad to himself for 5 nights!

I have not uploaded the pics from my phone so I'll have to add them later but here goes some tips

1-pack n play by the ship is fine. Our port-a-crib sheet fit perfectly.

2-Our diva boy did not like the milk on the ship at all and went 5 days completely milk free. If your child likes the boxed milk I strongly suggest bringing it!

3-chefs in the windjammer were always willing to take any dish - such as veggies or fruit and cut them up into toddler manageable sizes. - we let our little guy try everything but he ended up eating yogurt for breakfast with a muffin and fruit - lunch was always a little random but he mostly ate pasta and meat sauce the entire trip. he particularly liked the roasted vegetables that were served with the lamb shank in the main dining room.

4- buying the high-chair cover I thought was well worth it - if a bit of a bother - the chairs in both the windjammer and the dining room appear a tad worn - some have attachable trays but I did not bother. - In the windjammer I had the "tiny diner" suction matt that I put on the table and just brought the chair up to that and let him eat off of that - my boy likes to throw plates so I did not want to take the chance.

-he was a real champ in the dining room and sat through every nights dinner!

5-bring some "toddler food" in jars or squish things as back up and in the ports.

6-you don't need that many toys - bring some small and bedtime books.

7-we play music before bedtime and brought it with us for the little guy - he slept like a champ on board -

8-in room baby sitters - go to guest relations and sign the form and reserve all the nights as soon as you get on board - many of the parents we spoke to said that there were none left when they went and they had the whole cruise with no nights out - you can cancel within 24 hours. Baby sitting is good as it is 2 people - one is paid by the ship and one is paid by you - not sure how they sort out the money - we always paid them extra and waited until the little guy was asleep for them to come into the room - they sat and watched tv. Bring walkie talkies for them to reach you if there is a problem.

9-no diapers in any of the pools-not even swim diapers.

10-bring the umbrella stroller

11-fisher price - we brought him to both the 6-18 month and 18-24 month groups and he did fine. dont expect too much it is a small mat placed on the wood area in cloud nine card room.

12-we missed story time every night because it was at 7:30 and we were still in the dining room.

13-you may want to bring a mcgyver set up with a sheet or pins to "wall off" the pack n play - our little dude popped up every morning and basically wanted to come into bed with us - we don't do that at home so this has started a baaaaaaaad thing lol

14-try to carry him to meals and destinations rather than bringing the stroller - stairs are faster than waiting for the elevators.

15-we missed the stroller walk every morning as the little dude was quite content to go back to sleep when allowed in the big bed. (keep in mind he was waking up at 6-6:30 am then sleeping till 8 am in the big bed) - yeah!

16-bring 2 changing pads - it was annoying having to take it out of the diaper bag - we like the ability to set up a mini changing station on the couch or bed. - there are almost no changing stations on the ship - be prepared to go back to your cabin to change the baby. - since our guy was on a pretty set schedule we just changed him before we left and upon arrival in the room which pretty much balanced out to the 8-10 changes a day.

17-never used the carrier and really did not need it - there were some places - like the maritime museum where it might have been useful but was entirely not necessary as the little dude was sleeping during our time there.

18-if your going to bermuda the dockyard beach is very pretty but i noticed broken glass in the sand by the gazebo like structure. and the sand has significant shells in it. - little dude liked the aquarium and the zoo and nearly scared a sealion out of its wits when he woke him from sleeping by the glass.

19-dining room or windjammer - this will always depend on your little one but I found the dining room easier for us as a couple. We did not have to have one person going to get food while the other sat with the toddler who wanted to eat NOW. We usually walked into the windjammer collecting his food and then together set him up - we always had to wait (very short wait) for a waiter to get us a high chair -so it paid to be there prior to starvation time - if you know what I mean -then we ended up taking turns feeding and getting food for ourselves. But in the dining room we tag teamed the set up - the chair was waiting for us at every meal. I always brought the cheerios to put on the table just in case the bread did not get there fast enough. Then we could tag team the feeding by passing his plate and we were served our food and could actually sit at the table, hold conversations and eat with the little dude. He even tried to join in the conversations - much easier than the windjammer - just have to hope the tablemates don't get upset for being placed with a toddler. We also brought a table toy just in case he finished before we did so he did not get too antsy sitting there. - he always liked some of the desert and definitely liked the icecream.

---side note - our little guy was a little afraid of the singing nights in the dining room - He had a very serious look when everyone was clapping.

20-there are so many little lights and things in the room that you can set the lighting just right for the little one to go to sleep.

21-our little guy never napped in the room and almost always napped in the stroller – we were ok with this and did not hold him to his one nap a day. – he always slept through the night and went down the latest 9:30 and that was a particularly busy day. Otherwise he was down around 8:30 every night.

22-go with the flow rather than try to keep him strictly to the home schedule – with so much stimulation our little guy got tired!

-if I think of more I will post again - it really was a great time with the little dude.

although I doubt you will have the problems we had - if you are booked in a suite you can skip the potentially long check in lines and go to the platinum/diamond/diamond + check in.

Room service will deliver almost anything if you decide to feed the baby in the cabin.

good choice with the js as the pack n play stayed open the entire time and took up quite a bit of space in the already compact room.

although I doubt you will have the problems we had - if you are booked in a suite you can skip the potentially long check in lines and go to the platinum/diamond/diamond + check in.

Room service will deliver almost anything if you decide to feed the baby in the cabin.

good choice with the js as the pack n play stayed open the entire time and took up quite a bit of space in the already compact room.

Thanks..yuhp we have a Junior Suite on deck 10 and are Platinum Members

Archived