Scuba cozumel

coricw1

I just got back from a cruise on Saturday. We were in Cozumel on thursday and set up a dive with Miguel on Palancar Beach... It was AMAZING!! It was just 4 of us (my husband,myself and 2 friends) along with Miguel. 3 of us weren't certified so he showed us the ropes and we ended up doing 2 dives.... It was so great! He's very friendly and its awesome b/c its personal... its not you and 30 people you don't know. Plus he took pictures of us the whole time and we bought the cd afterwards... the pictures are priceless! this is the website.. email him and set it up!! http://buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

My DH went on a dive booked through RCCL with Sand Dollar Sports in March. He really enjoyed the 2 tank dive. There were about 8 divers on his excursion. Everything was great until he found out that his US Divers Mask and Dry Snorkel were missing. After the dive he took his RCCL towel out of his small dive mesh bag and placed his mask and snorkel inside the bag. He placed the towel back in the bag and walked his fins and reg. back to the dive shop. The only people on the boat were Sand Dollar employees. Got back on the boat for the ride to the pier, got his dive bag out of the hold and tipped the employees. He went back to the ship and unpacked his dive bag and found out equipment was missing. He immediately went back to where he met the excursion on the pier and contacted Sand Dollar and told them he was missing his equipment. He said he would be happy to take a taxi and go to their dive shop and look for it and look on the boat because maybe it has in the hold where his bag was. They said they would look for it and someone would meet him back at the pier. After waiting for awhile, Sand Dollar sports rep said they couldn't find anything. How does it just disappear? No one was in the boat except employees when everyone on the excursion returned their rented equipment. Dive was good. Cannot recommend booking through RCCL especially with Sand Dollar Sports unless you want to risk losing your equipment. DH has a moustache and finding a good mask is a challenge. Value of lost equipment was more than the price of the dive.

Archived