POA food question

Sailing Grandma

What kind of food is served at the Cadillac Diner? Is this free and can you tell me what other places are free on the POA and what they serve?

Thank you

The Cadillac diner has what I call "American comfort food", hamburgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, large salads, pizza, paninis, fries, brownie sundaes, ice cream. The only thing that is extra are shakes and drinks other than iced tea and water.

Included with the cruise price (not extra) are Cadillac Diner (except the shakes), Key West Bar and Grill, room service, Aloha Cafe, and Skyline and Liberty Restaurants. The speciality restaurants that have a surcharge are East Meets West (Asian), Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse), Jefferson's Bistro (French), Little Italy (Italian) and the Lazy J Steakhouse (Steaks and Seafood).

We thought the food and service was better than the main dining rooms during our Feb 2010 cruise. Dined there on a couple of occasions and would recommend any one try it. The shakes are delicious and worth the $4.00.

Are the shakes something one can get with the Drink pass? Thought I read that somewhere...

The soda card is for different kinds of sodas only (Pepsi, Sprite, etc.) and the Teen Passport will get you sodas, nonalcoholic Margaritas, Bloody Marys, etc., and smoothies, but not milkshakes. Hope this helps.:)

As for late night, the Cadillac and Room Service are awesome. Since you will be traveling with your grand kids, I think they will love the Cadillac. The brownie sundae is yummy! I also enjoyed their breakfasts. My DS (14) spent many late evenings in the Cadillac Dinner with the many new friends he made at the Teen Club.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived