Carnival Freedom Decks

nysingle

I was booked on the Empress deck on the Freedom and was offered the Panaroma deck for the same price for an inside cabin. What is the advantage/disadvantage of both? Any advice is appreciated.

The advantage of the Empress deck is that you are "sandwiched" between 2 floors of cabins - in theory, it is quieter. You may feel more movement on Panorama, as it is higher up. Depends where on each deck the cabin is located, and if you want to be higher up. Personally, I always book Empress.

The disadvantage of the Promenade is if you are under the Lido deck and hear all the noise from chairs scraping, people running/walking, etc. The advantage to the Promenade deck would be that you are just one deck from the Lido, the pool, buffet, outside decks, etc. You didn't say which cabin you would be switched to, but if it is near the front of the ship between 2 decks of cabins, it would be OK.

Thanks for your advice. I guess I will be switching back to 7383!! That was our first cabin number on the Conquest last year. And plus, my husband gets seasick easily.

Archived