Where to get the best specialty drinks?

The one thing that we learned on our B2B is that the bartenders rotate, so you can't count on someone you meet being in the same bar the next week. So if you see a name here you want to know about ask someone where they are the week you're on the cruise. All the bartenders give great service. Our 3 favorite were -- Raymond Murphy (he was in the Trellis bar the first week and the Solarium bar the second week) and Gherrick Karatsu and Marcello Gonzalez. Gherrick and Marcello were in Boleros last week (and I think they rotate every 2 weeks.) These guys all 3 made some of the most fun drinks for us and would give you samples of almost anything to taste if you wanted to try it. Also Gherrick appears to be the one bartender on board that does some flair bar-tending. So find him for some fun.

Also, my hint for the week -- GO TO THE MOJITO CLINIC. 4 drinks and a souvenir cup for $15. And you get the recipes for some fun drinks as well.

When and where was that held?

• 3 months later...
Leaving for Oasis on May 22, and I was hoping I could get a good list of which bars serve the best specialty drinks and/or have the best bartenders. For example, I always hear about the famous mojitos at Bolero's. I also remember reading about an excellent chocolatini, but I can't remember where that's served. Maybe Viking Crown Lounge?

So for those who have already been on Oasis: Where would you recommend we go for the best drinks? Which bartenders were your favorite (especially if they hooked you up with strong drinks)?

Also, I'm going out on a limb here, but does anyone know if the bartender who calls himself "the doctor" is on Oasis? He was on Mariner three years ago and then Liberty two years ago and last year, so we've run into him on every single cruise so far, and I was wondering if he'd been bumped up to Oasis. He goes around calling, "Medication for your vacation!" and the like. I honestly don't know what his real name is, because everyone always just called him "the doctor" or "Doctor Feelgood".

Thanks!

Erica

Hi Erica.

Yes, we have had him onboard Liberty as well:) A great bartender and a happy person:D Sorry, but dont know his real name.

Archived