aha, I knew it was an inspection

trcori

When we were close to disembarking Millennium at FLL on Dec. 19, there was an interesting flurry of activity involving food/beverage personnel ... my son and I were sitting at the Cova counter with espresso when the two women there took a phone call, hung up and said "THEY'RE HERE!" and immediately started rustling around with things under the counter ... in the ensuing half-hour or so, we saw the head chef walking back and forth nearby with a cell phone glued to his ear and assistants in his wake ... had a sneaking suspicion it was an inspection, and now it's finally posted on the CDC site. They got a 97 btw. If you want to check the most recent report for your ship, here's the starting page:

http://www2.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/vspmain.asp

TR

Only 3 points deduction out of perfect score seems really good but it is puzzling to me why to have deductions for the same things as on a previous inspection few months ago.....don't they learn anything from these inspections?

Quote from the current report of the items that were also in violation before (on 03/25/2004):

"Site: PROVISIONS-VEGETABLE PREPARATIONDeduction Status: YViolation: NUMEROUS PREVIOUSLY CLEANED AND STORED AS CLEAN PLASTIC CONTAINERS WERE SOILED WITH FOOD DEBRIS. THIS IS A REPEAT VIOLATION FROM THE 03/25/2004 INSPECTION.Recommendation: 7.3.3.4.1 Food shall only contact surfaces of equipment and utensils that are cleaned and sanitized.

Site: PROVISIONSDeduction Status: YViolation: THREE PLASTIC FOOD BINS WERE STORED AS CLEAN WITH FOOD DEBRIS NOTED ON THE FOOD CONTACT SURFACES. THIS IS A REPEAT ITEM FROM THE PREVIOUS INSPECTION ON 03/25/2004.Recommendation: 7.3.3.4.1 Food shall only contact surfaces of equipment and utensils that are cleaned and sanitized."

I would make absolutely sure that whatever was wrong before it gets corrected.....otherwise it seems that the ship's personnel just ignores the inspection and the inspectors and in addition it takes risks with our and their 'health'. I can see things being wrong once in a while but it is puzzling to me why no corrective action has been taken based on the previous inspection. I am glad that these inspections take place.......it appears that the cruise lines and their ships' personnel can not or do not want to make sure that they can do all what it takes to meet the established health/safety guidelines.

Wes

Archived