Euro Decreasing.....

Since the Euro is going down, could I contact the hotels that I've already booked with and would they readjust the cost/night...when I booked it was about 2 months ago...20 euros higher?

First - what does this have to do with RC?

Second - You BOOKED at a certain rate. When you pay for the hotel, the charge will be converted to the going street rate between the Euro and U$.

Why would you expect the hotel to drop 20E$ of your rate?

or a simple way to look at it...

You booked 100E$ room and at that time it was about $150US if you were to check in at that time.

You check in at 100E$ and if the exchange rate is 1.25 to 1 then you end up paying $125 when your bill comes through.

If your contracted hotel rate is 100 euro, you would have had to pay 143 dollars for it a few months ago because of the exchange rate. Now that 100 euro is worth less American dollars. Today at one point you would have had to pay 123 dollars. Many think that the euro will continue to fall; others think that this is as worse as it will get and its time to buy some euro.

Some of my hotels have already charged my credit card, the ones booked on hotel.com. Yes, agree with you if i rebook might risk not having a room. I was thinking of buying my euros now although might wait a little more and get them right before my RCI cruise. Thanks!

Some of my hotels have already charged my credit card, the ones booked on hotel.com.

In that case you have to contact Hotels.com. The hotel did not charge your creditcard, it does not even have your money yet, they only get it from Hotels.com 4-6 weeks after you have checked out.

What so difficult to understand?

The hotel has nothing to do with exchange rates.

The hotel wants 100E$ for a room.

If the exchange rate is 1:1 then your CC will charge you $100US

If the exchange rate is 1.25:1 then your CC will charge you $125US

The hotel will get 100E$ regardless, since that's what they want for their room.

The hotel will not drop their rates just because the currency exchange rate changed.

Some of my hotels have already charged my credit card, the ones booked on hotel.com. Yes, agree with you if i rebook might risk not having a room. I was thinking of buying my euros now although might wait a little more and get them right before my RCI cruise. Thanks!

Or you could wait a little more and get them right before your cruise only to find that the value of the euro had risen again and you are paying more than if you bought them now. Trying to predict what the exchange rate will be in the future is practically impossible. Your best solution is to accept whatever exchange rate you get and not try to out think the situation. Unless you are talking about very large sums of money, it is probably not worth worrying about.:)

Or you could wait a little more and get them right before your cruise only to find that the value of the euro had risen again and you are paying more than if you bought them now. Trying to predict what the exchange rate will be in the future is practically impossible. Your best solution is to accept whatever exchange rate you get and not try to out think the situation. Unless you are talking about very large sums of money, it is probably not worth worrying about.:)

you are absolutely right!

Archived