Pre cruise package through RCI

On our Voyager cruise we booked the pre cruise package through RCI since we had not been to Galveston before and the transportation from the airport to the port was going to be a bit of a dilemma for us. It was ok, we enjoyed staying overnight in Houston, but I never thought I would consider doing it again. Well now we are thinking of booking on the Freedom again, which now sails out of Port Canaveral. Transportation is once again a complication. DH does not want to rent a car, and I really don't want to spend $200 just for transportation to and from the Orlando airport! Has anyone done the pre cruise stay for this cruise port? If so, where did you stay and were there any problems with either the hotel accomodations or the transportation?

Thanks for your help!:)

lol well you could come back to Galveston and do the Mariner of the Seas??

I cruised out of Port Canaveral. There is a thread on the I work in port canaveral about which private shuttles are good and who had good things to say about them. You can get a hotel cheap on hotwire if you dont need free cruise parking. Radisson and Country Inn and Suites both offer free shuttles but the local shuttle is only like $4 pp each way to the port from any hotel. Take one of the private shuttles from the airport to the hotel.

That thread is a wealth of information, helped me a lot.

lol well you could come back to Galveston and do the Mariner of the Seas??

I cruised out of Port Canaveral. There is a thread on the I work in port canaveral about which private shuttles are good and who had good things to say about them. You can get a hotel cheap on hotwire if you dont need free cruise parking. Radisson and Country Inn and Suites both offer free shuttles but the local shuttle is only like $4 pp each way to the port from any hotel. Take one of the private shuttles from the airport to the hotel.

That thread is a wealth of information, helped me a lot.

Thanks Firefly!

I did see that thread which is where I thought I saw the price of $100 one way from the Orlando airport to Port Canveral! I guess I need to read it again more carefully.

I would love to sail out of Galveston again! When is the Mariner expected to relocate?

Has anyone done the precruise package though? They usually pick you up at the airport and then again the next day to transport you to the port.I know it's less pleasant getting to the port this way because they are sometimes the last groups getting on the ship. ( We like to get there early and start our vacation!) but it might be less expensive transportation.:confused:

Archived