Wildlife Reserve

the4ofusandallourfriends

Interaction with the monkeys depends on when you are there. Seems as though the monkeys leave the premises (I am not kidding) in the morning and return perhaps between 2-4 in the afternoon. Also, one is asked not to interact with the animals, nor take pictures.

I was just there 2 weeks ago and they feed them about 2pm. That's when they really come out. You walk through a path and see birds, deer, hares, and monkeys. They had no problem with us taking pictures. You also see a large snake in a cage, bunnies, anf flamingoes. You can spend as much time as you want. We spent about 45 minutes. If you go ask them to show you on the map where they feed them so you can see them. I liked the preserve but I love all animals.

Mama Quick, we went on a Carnival 4x4 green monkey excursion, they timed it so we would be there at feeding time.

The4, when they grab a piece of food the sometimes jump right over your head, they are quite close to you. even before they eat they are close to you if they are out. In fact all the animals are close. On the path I raced with a tortise. I think he won.

Oh CSDC, Thanks so much! Our son loves any and every animal - infact at 13 has decided his career will be in preservation of endangered species. So, while doing our research we found this place and he was willing to give us snorkeling with turtles again to go to the preserve. Sounds like a good plan. Thanks again for your input.

MamaQuack

I also liked the wildlife reserve! But, we were there too early and missed the monkeys. :( Luckily, we saw them at Grand Etang on Grenada the next day. Not green monkeys, but I didn't care what kind, was glad to see any! And I got to feed them mints!

On Barbados we used Glory Tours. They were real good, and we chose our own things to see. Besides the reserve, we went to Orchid World, and of the flowers were beautiful! We also saw Gun Hill Station, the rugged east coast, and the beach, but it was too rough to stay to snorkel that day.

hello...i will be in barbados in early april.arriving by carnivals destiny......a few questions about the wild life preserve trip......

whats the cost.? its myself and my 2 teen girls....

and seriously is this trip worth it? u honestly did not see any monkeys? how disappointing.....do you walk through the preserve or is in in a jeep?

thansk so much shelly

Archived