Back from Serenade

Hi,

I have cabin #9576, other side, did you get to see the islands on your side? Am wondering what side gets to see the islands as we get to them!

Thanks

newlu

Yes we were on the land side at each port.

Was on Serenade last week. She is a beautiful ship!!! We encountered some of the best staff we have had on any cruise. Wasn't impressed with the CD, Dennis. Food was great. Cabin was perfect with an oversized balcony for a D1 (9076). Had a wonderful time!

We didn't care for Dennis either. I had commented about this on another thread and it didn't seem to go over to well. He seemed creepy to our party.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please clarify info given to one of our traveling parties by RCI on the phone??

1- the rep stated only one formal night, not 2 since there is only one sea day

2- other than formal dress for formal night, other nights are all "caribbean casual" so shorts and/or jeans are fine- just no flip flops for dining room.

I've never called RCI before to inquire before a cruise so perhaps these were typical answers to ?'s I've always turned to the boards for....

anyone?

We are leaving tomorrow and would like to know since we've always gone by what RCI has done in the past, however, this is our first CARIBBEAN cruise.

Just returned from the Serenade yesterday! Any questions I would be happy to try to answer them.

Hi John we were on Serenade April 10th...what part of Pittsburgh are you from???

We loved the ship, the staff, cruise director was ok. The ports were all wonderful except for Grenada, there were six of us who went and we all decided next cruise that stops in Grenada.... we will stay on the ship. We had an aft balcony 9260 and it was huge, room for 2 chairs a table and 2 chase lounges.

Can you please clarify info given to one of our traveling parties by RCI on the phone??

1- the rep stated only one formal night, not 2 since there is only one sea day

2- other than formal dress for formal night, other nights are all "caribbean casual" so shorts and/or jeans are fine- just no flip flops for dining room.

I've never called RCI before to inquire before a cruise so perhaps these were typical answers to ?'s I've always turned to the boards for....

anyone?

We are leaving tomorrow and would like to know since we've always gone by what RCI has done in the past, however, this is our first CARIBBEAN cruise.

On our April 10th cruise we had 2 formal nights.

We were on the May 16th cruise also. (Hi again Barb!!) We had two sea days on this route. Puerto Rico, sea day (formal night), Curacao, Aruba, sea day, Dominica (formal night), St. Thomas, and then back to Puerto Rico. The second formal night was not on a sea day. I don't really think that it matters. We did excursions all day in Dominica and still had time to dress up, have photos taken, go to the show, and then go to dinner. Have a great trip -- we would go back on the Serenade in a heartbeat!

Thanks for replying! I'm getting even more excited. My inlaws had basically the same cabin location on the Voyager, so we are completely fine with only seeing forward. Was the bed near the balcony or was the sofa near the balcony?

Our room looked exactly like the room in the pics above with the bed next to the balcony. Only exception would be that our balcony seemed a little smaller - only 2 chairs.

Hi John we were on Serenade April 10th...what part of Pittsburgh are you from???

We loved the ship, the staff, cruise director was ok. The ports were all wonderful except for Grenada, there were six of us who went and we all decided next cruise that stops in Grenada.... we will stay on the ship. We had an aft balcony 9260 and it was huge, room for 2 chairs a table and 2 chase lounges.

Were close to Monroeville. We had a different itenerary than you. We didn't do grenada on our cruise. We did barbados, st lucia, antigua, st marrten, and st croix. We would go back to any port!

Archived