Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer excursion on the Spirit....anyone ever done it?

bubbles1209

Not sure where to post this, so I'll start here. Has anyone ever done the 3 hour excursion on the Spirit where a boat pulls up to the ship while cruising Tracy Arm Fjord and you get on the smaller boat for a 3-hour tour of the glaciers? Thanks for any insight on what to expect. :)

Wow didnt see that on our excursions list :eek:

We will be on this cruise in 1 day so will let you know when we get back :D

It's not on the list you see through your booking, it was in an e-mail to us. We got an e-mail that was titled Explore the Shore on your Carnival Cruise.

I clicked on it, and it listed all of the ports with Tracy Arm Fjord listed 1st, even though it's not a port. I clicked on it, and it linked me to a link that offered this excursion for $149 pp, for a 3 hour explorer tour. It tells you to e-mail them your name as it appears on your booking #, your booking #, the sail date, the number of adult tickets you need & the number of children's tickets you need. I did, and they sent me a confirmation e-mail stating that they are not set up to take on-line payments, but it will be billed to our sail & sign account and tickets delivered to our stateroom. If you go to the Carnival page, click on shore excursions, highlight Alaska from the drop down menu, then highlight Tracy Arm Fjord, you should see it.

I am on the May 18th cruise and signed up for this. I had to email them twice. I never would have known about it if someone on my roll call hadn't mentioned it. It is now my most anticipated aspect of my cruise.

We're going on the 25th of May. Let us know how it goes, maybe I'll get to see your experience with it before we leave :)

Archived