Texting home to/from Mexico

t501tx

A silly question... If I am on the ship or on shore in Mexico and I text back to my family in the US what number do I use? Just the normal number in my contact list or do I have to add digits?

If my family in the US texts me...they just text my normal number?

A silly question... If I am on the ship or on shore in Mexico and I text back to my family in the US what number do I use? Just the normal number in my contact list or do I have to add digits?

If my family in the US texts me...they just text my normal number?

I just use my normal contact numbers.

Check with your carrier about extra charges. When my daughter went to Vancouver BC with her father - we got hit with $.50 per text (incoming and outgoing)...ran up quite a tab. I did call and through myself on the mercy of AT&T because I had not even thought about BC being out of the US (doh!) and didn't warn her not to text. They took part of the charges off but I wouldn't count on that always being the case.

I have told both my teen-agers that their phones are being turned off and going in the safe in my cabin as soon as we pull away from the pier on our June cruise to the MR.

I have Verizon and I have checked about the Mexican region. We will be splitting at a couple places with my daughter and they told us it is cheaper to tex. I think .50 or .55 for a sent and received message.

Archived