Grand Princess Grand Suite Question

srqcruiser

Anyone out there ever stay in the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess? I am looking at possibly booking this room. Is it rough where the suite is located, considering it is closer to the front of the ship and on a high floor. How is the balcony. Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't stayed in one of these suites, but have seen the interior. The Grand Suite(s) on Grand Princess aren't quite as lavish as the GS on the Golden and subsequent ships, but are still very nice. The balcony seemed a little cluttered with all the deck furniture and the jacuzzi. There is an electric fireplace in the large sitting room, a completely separate bedroom, and an oppulent bathroom area.

We have stayed in the Princess Suite on the Grand Princess (same as the Grand Suite but on the other side of the ship). The balcony is very small. Only 2 chaises and a small table between them. The outdoor jacucci takes up alot of room. Its neat though, you can access the jacucci from the balcony or enter from the bedroom. I agree with the poster above, I think that the Grand Suite on the Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire is a much nicer cabin. We've stayed in the Grand Suite on the Golden several times as well and for my money I much prefer the Golden's (etc) Grand Suite. It seems considerably larger than the Grand's suite. If you have any specific questions I'll be glad to anwser them.

I have also stayed in the Grand Suite, and the Princess Suite. Some pictures can be found on my weshot link.

I did not feel that the room was very far forward, thought it was a good midship location. It has a private hallway that serves just the several rooms on the lido deck. Hard to tell that from the floorplan of the ship, but a nice feature. So your room does not open up to the general hallway on the lido deck. Great to be on lido deck, just walk out to pool area and grab a quick bite.

Although deck was small, it was very private, all surrounded by wood with no one overlooking. There were only other balcony cabins to one side, and they were set back a bit. Just LOVED the hot tub on the deck.

Only negative about the location, and true for many rooms on lido deck, was could hear people walking above you.

• 9 months later...

I'm considering booking the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess for Nov06. For those of you that have sailed in this cabin before, is there any special treatment that you received that the other suites don't usually get (such as lunch with captain, special invites, aided debarkation, etc)? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $1000 over the penthouse suite.

We stayed in the Princess suite this past June.The location was great and the private hallway was nice and quiet.The cabin was large and nicely decorated. The balcony was an ok size but the hot tub made up for the lack of space (we used every night).We were not treated any different than any other passenger on board so no lunch, dinner or even a drink with the captain.

Tom

Could those of you who have booked these suites on the Grand Princess clarify something for me. We have booked a Grand Suite on the GP for this coming December. Our friends booked the other one on the ship also. So we have L301 and L302 booked. A Princess Suite was mentioned and I'm just wondering which suite is considered that and is it any different. On her documents and mine, both suites are referred to as Grand Suite and the descriptions are the same. This just sort of threw me when I read this.

We are looking forward to staying in this suite. Have the Grand Suite booked for the Sapphire Princess as well as the Star Princess next year and do see that there is quite a difference in the Grand versus those ships in the size of the suites. We love the PH and VS Suites, so I know we will love trying this one out also.

Have checked out the pictures posted and it looks very nice.

Appreciate any information you can give me.

Hulagirl

All of the suites on the Grand Class ships have a unique name, usually island names, that are used on the various communications that you receive on board. That is probably why they named one of the Grand Suites the Princess suite on the Grand.

I stayed in the Grand Suite on the Caribbean Princess about a year ago. I have since stayed in PH suites on the CB and Star. I feel that the Grand Suite is an incredible accommodation with space and materials well worth the extra money compared to the other suites especially if you are traveling with a group and will use the space for entertaining. There are two Owners suites and no Grand Suite on the new Crown. It will be interesting to see if they add the better materials such as the wood trimmed balcony to these suites.

I can confirm that there is no special treatment such as bridge tours or cocktail parties for the Grand Suite or other suites. Princess seems to reserve this kind of treatment for their most frequent travelers (Elite Level)which is not a bad business strategy in my opinion.

Thanks for the information about the Grand Suite. I was just a little thrown when the "Princess Suite" term was used. We have been in PH Suites and a Vista Suite, and I just never refer to them by the name on the suite, so that is where I was confused.

We really like the PH Suites and almost booked that this time, but the Grand Suite was open and I decided that it would be fun to try. Granted it isn't as big as the one we will have on the Sapphire this spring, but I'm sure it will be very nice. Fun to try different type of cabins on the ship.

Thanks again.

Susan

Archived