POA - Best Pre/Post Hotel

WolfpackFan

We're in the preliminary planning stages for a cruise on the America next year. We plan to do a one night pre-cruise hotel stay (flying in day before cruise) and a four night post-cruise hotel stay. Of the hotels that NCL offers which is the best between the Waikiki Beach Marriott and the Hilton Hawaiian Village?

If price is a concern, I'd highly recommend the Radisson. The hotel provided a very nicely furnished room within a couple of blocks from the beach. The Aston Surf Hotel didn't look all that impressive to me from the outside. The Waikiki Marriot had nice facilities and was beach front, but wasn't worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. A lot of people rave about the HHV, but again the cost can be substantial.

We sailed the POA last August. We did a 3 day pre cruise and a 3 day post cruise at the HHV. We booked this through NCL. We stayed at the Hilton before on a land tour and would certainly go back. We prefer this part of Waikiki. There's restaurants in the area to fit all budgets. Don't forget to order the Entertainment Book if you do go. It really can save you some $$.

HHV is great. We've stayed there several times. We have always had a good experience so have not even tried another hotel.

If you book yourself, be sure to join the Hilton Honors program. Its free and you will not have to wait in line.

Also they have self check kiosks that most people miss, no lines there either.

Archived