Cozumel Wedding - Carnival Glory

Hey everyone. We just placed a deposit on our suite today, and blocked off rooms for the April 3 2011 sailing of the glory. The first stop is cozumel. Any recommendations on wedding planners?

We plan to get wed legally in the US before going to mexico just to avoid any unnecessary complications. So we just need it to look 'real' haha. Anyways, any suggestions? I heard you get more bang for your buck by not using carnivals contracted wedding planners.

I have read post that the grand old house in the caymans is really beautiful. The offer a few options beach or gazebo maybe an indoor one too..

here is a link most the post that I read booked directly with them

are you asking as a guest or as the couple?

As a couple, since you are getting married before you go on the cruise, I would pick the location that offered the better setting or more of what I wanted. As to would I mind waiting til the last post not really, it gives you something special to look forward to. For me personally I wasn't nervous about getting married. My DH on the other hand was a tad nervous that I would back out LOL but had we made it legal before we sailed it wouldn't have been an issue for him.

As the guests that do go on the cruise. They are there to celebrate your moment and get a nice little vacation out of it too. I don't see where they would have an issue with it. They can even do a some pre-wedding girls/boys night out the night before. Go to different lounges for a couple hours.

Bottom line. It is a day for the 2 of you. They are there to celebrate with you make it about what you 2 want!

Keep in mind that Grand Cayman is a tender port (no dock available) and is frequently missed because of weather (can be a beautiful, sunny day, but the winds are just a bit too high or the seas a bit too high and the ship will be waved off).

If you choose Cozumel you will definitely have to get married in advance (or after) because Mexico has a waiting period (3 days I believe) for legal weddings there.

Archived