Anybody Ever Married on Embarkation Day Then Gotten Off?

As crazy as it sounds, my DD is considering getting married aboard the Dream on embarkation day, getting off the ship with her new husband and leaving my DW and me to sail. Has anyone ever heard of this? Will Carnival let you do this?

i just have to ask .... why do they want to do that?

MalibuBarbie

That was my question too...

They verified our room was paid in full before we were able to book the wedding and it had to be in our name.. it was RCI but same subcontractor for the wedding dept

Carnival's wedding department (not TWE, btw) verifies bookings before the "final call" is made to the bride. Their only option would be to pay the cruise fare and...well...abandon ship after the reception!

The Wedding Experience is the exclusive wedding service provider for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Windstar Cruises and Holland America (Europe), as well as select ports for Carnival Cruise Line.

Why even get married that way, its a total waste of money, though I really doubt they will be able to do that. Our son is getting married in july while we are sailing on the dream. They choose to have a wedding on the beach in st thomas so there will be more time..not hurried like those on the ship. I think we would all like to know why they (your DD) want to do this?? at anyrate...have fun if you saild off by yourself lol

The Wedding Experience is the exclusive wedding service provider for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Windstar Cruises and Holland America (Europe), as well as select ports for Carnival Cruise Line.

Carnival has it's own wedding dept. (unlike most other lines) which is who has to be contacted for bookings and most questions. TWE (or an alike vendor) is contracted by Carnival to provide on-site WC's to handle the ceremony & reception...and some upgrades during the planning process.

Carnival has it's own wedding dept. (unlike most other lines) which is who has to be contacted for bookings and most questions. TWE (or an alike vendor) is contracted by Carnival to provide on-site WC's to handle the ceremony & reception...and some upgrades during the planning process.

I am not going to argue over this it really isn't worth it. I posted that right from the website of TWE.

I am not going to argue over this it really isn't worth it. I posted that right from the website of TWE.

hmm...didn't know we were arguing:confused:

I was simply stating a fact that Carnival's wedding dept, not TWE, handles and verifies bookings.:rolleyes:

hmm...didn't know we were arguing:confused:

I was simply stating a fact that Carnival's wedding dept, not TWE, handles and verifies bookings.:rolleyes:

No we aren't arguing.. but I have seen people get miffed over lil things and I didn't want it to turn into that :)

My friend who got married on Carnival had to go thru the wedding experience. She had great luck tho... I just cringe a little every time I think of them LOL

Archived