Coral 4/27 repositioning Costa Rica's Favorites

longduo

:confused: We will be on the Coral 4/27 repositioning cruise from FLL to SFO. In Costa Rica we dock at Puerto Caldera. The Favorites tour says it is the Pacific Aerial Tram, lunch and shopping in the village of Santa Lucia, and a jungle river cruise on the Guacalillo estuary and the Tarcolas River. Is that different than the Tortuguero Canals that others have mentioned on the favorites tour?

longduo

Longuo I have been to the Tortuguero Canals tour and that is on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. Next year I am going though full taransit of P. Canal and stopping in Puerto Caldera and that is on the Pacific Ocean side. It is two different areas. Hope that helps. I am also looking into possible excursions although I have plenty of time since I just signed up for 5/06 full transit. Hope you do a review of your trip on the Coral. We are doing the same cruise but in 2006. I have been on the Coral. before and absolutely loved it. Hope you do to.

Marilyn

I know that I'm going to start to sound like a broken record but... We just returned form a transcanal on the Oosterdam and stopped in Puntarenus on the Pacific side which is not too far from PuertoCaldera. On this board I found a great guide named Mauricio. You can contact him at mauriciovp@hotmail.com. If you tell him what you are interested in I'm sure that he will help you out. I cannot reccommend him highly enough.

Archived