West Coast Cruises 2011

Does anyone know what Royal Caribbean is planning for the West Coast for 2011? Without Radiance and Mariner-do they have a plan?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. I just found out today that they are moving the Mariner to Rome in early 2011. I would like to know what is going on as well so i start planning our cruise for next year. Never to early to start planning these things. :D

I was wondering the same thing. I just found out today that they are moving the Mariner to Rome in early 2011. I would like to know what is going on as well so i start planning our cruise for next year. Never to early to start planning these things. :D

First of all.........Welcome to Cruise Critic!! I see that you are just not too many miles from us.in Maricopa. Check with Laura....I think on the Arizona link to see all that is done here locally.

So, unfortunately, in 2011........there will be NO RCL ships on the West Coast........to do West Coast Itineraries. They will come.......only to be passing through!

Maybe in the year 2012!!:rolleyes:

Rick

First of all.........Welcome to Cruise Critic!! I see that you are just not too many miles from us.in Maricopa. Check with Laura....I think on the Arizona link to see all that is done here locally.

So, unfortunately, in 2011........there will be NO RCL ships on the West Coast........to do West Coast Itineraries. They will come.......only to be passing through!

Maybe in the year 2012!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Thanks Rick, i will definitely check it out, thats really sad that they have nothing steady in 2011, I was looking forward to booking something else after the cruise we are taking for Christmas.

Nada, zilch, zip, zero, ugats, We are the orphan coast. Even though NCL, CCL, HAL, Princess find it possible to make an acceptable profit in the second largest city in America, RCCL could not. Even with one of the most beautiful ships in the fleet. So they are taking their ball and going home.

• 5 weeks later...

I assumed that they would be relocating a ship here. But no the market just can't bear all the cruises. Carnival and RCCL were the only ones to do 7 day cruises on a regular basis. I have been on Carnival Splendor and was very unhappy with it so it leaves me no choice now. NCL Star is doing seasonal west coast cruises so I may look at them for an alternative.

I assumed that they would be relocating a ship here. But no the market just can't bear all the cruises. Carnival and RCCL were the only ones to do 7 day cruises on a regular basis. I have been on Carnival Splendor and was very unhappy with it so it leaves me no choice now. NCL Star is doing seasonal west coast cruises so I may look at them for an alternative.

NCL is also leaving. So that won't be an option soon.

NCL is also leaving. So that won't be an option soon.

Man, now that ticks me off. We always wanted to do a cruise from San Diego, but never got around to it. I guess mexico / hawaii is just not making the bucks.. :(

I know disney is in mexico this year, and their prices are CHEEP for disney.. I wonder if that means they will also be pulling out?

Archived