Jewel 5/22/10 Nick theme

hailmary25

Hi All,

This is my second cruise and first with NCL. My first question is does anyone know if this sailing also has the Nickelodeon theme or not? I have read many reviews a lot have said best vacation ever and a lot have said worst so I am little nervous about this one. Any advice all you NCL "insiders" can give me for the Jewel or NCL in general would be great. I do not have any specific question just appreciate all advice.

I am excited for the shows as I have read great things about them. I read somewhere the blue lagoon has great wings.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

This is my second cruise and first with NCL. My first question is does anyone know if this sailing also has the Nickelodeon theme or not? I have read many reviews a lot have said best vacation ever and a lot have said worst so I am little nervous about this one. Any advice all you NCL "insiders" can give me for the Jewel or NCL in general would be great. I do not have any specific question just appreciate all advice.

I am excited for the shows as I have read great things about them. I read somewhere the blue lagoon has great wings.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the NICK theme is limited on the Jewel for the next 3 years....with special cruises once or twice a year which are more expensive and offer a lot more NICK activities (I believe the first one is next Feb on the Jewel)

Blue lagoon has great wings, as well as fish and chips....and is open 23 hours a day.

I believe the NICK theme is limited on the Jewel for the next 3 years....with special cruises once or twice a year which are more expensive and offer a lot more NICK activities (I believe the first one is next Feb on the Jewel)

Blue lagoon has great wings, as well as fish and chips....and is open 23 hours a day.

Thanks I appreciate it and I will add the fish and ships to my order. Yeah, I just spoke with NCL about the Nick theme and there line was that my sailing isn't a nick theme just they partnered with Nick and offer it to the kids crew program and shouldn't affect my time to much. any other advice from past Jewel or NCL cruisers would be great.

We have a group in the roll call section of the baords. Come join us! :) Our meet and greet is scheduled for Sunday morning at 11am in Le Bistro.

My impression of the Nickelodeon partnership is that overall it will be something available on the ship, but isn't the main theme or anything like that. I've seen in the dailies that others have posted there have been nick-related activities - character meets, games by the pool, 1 show. I haven't been on the jewel before but if she's anything like the dawn, I am sure we'll have a great time!

My impression of the Nickelodeon partnership is that overall it will be something available on the ship, but isn't the main theme or anything like that. I've seen in the dailies that others have posted there have been nick-related activities - character meets, games by the pool, 1 show. I haven't been on the jewel before but if she's anything like the dawn, I am sure we'll have a great time!

From what I have read, the Nick stuff will be on all Cruises, but the "big Nick" stuff will be special cruises (extra sliming and shows) the all nick all the time stuff....the ones that are "more kid friendly" than the regular ones.

We (couple, mid 30's, no kids) sailed on the Jewel May 8-15th and didn't find the Nick programs to be intrusive in any way. It was effortless to avoid any Nick activities.

Have a wonderful cruise!! I was quite fond of the brownie sundae in the Blue Lagoon. :D

We (couple, mid 30's, no kids) sailed on the Jewel May 8-15th and didn't find the Nick programs to be intrusive in any way. It was effortless to avoid any Nick activities.

Have a wonderful cruise!! I was quite fond of the brownie sundae in the Blue Lagoon. :D

Looks like Blue Lagoon will be my favorite spot:D

Thanks I will look into the meet and greet.

Any other good advice for Jewel or NCL in general.

If you eat lunch in the buffet on the day that you board the ship - go allll the way to the back of the buffet to sit. There's outdoor seating in the Great Outdoors and it takes a little while for all of the passengers to discover it.

If you eat lunch in the buffet on the day that you board the ship - go allll the way to the back of the buffet to sit. There's outdoor seating in the Great Outdoors and it takes a little while for all of the passengers to discover it.

Thanks. I think I am gonna avoid the buffett the first day and go to the TSARS like people have been suggesting. Less crowded and I wont over eat on my first day.

Archived