What to do in the Eastern Caribbean?

blondi_21

We're thinking of going to the Eastern Caribbean in January 2011 on the Carnival Glory. Our ports are Nassau Bahamas, St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. It's going to be 4 adults ages 22-24 and 45-50 and children 16 months, 9 and 10 yrs old. We'd like to do some shopping, beach, horse back riding, snorkling, jet sking. Maybe more that I cant think of right now. Oh yes, fishing for my dad. I want to be able to do all this in the ports we're going to. I'd love to horse back ride on the beach. We dont really want to do the excursions through carnival because they're a bit over priced, well some stuff. Is it worth going to the Atlantis Resort in Bahamas? I always wanted to go there but my hubby isnt really interested.

There are individual message boards here on Cruise Critic for each of your ports.... just go to the "main page" for message boards.. Each of your port calls has a board where there's a ton of information on what to do and "reviews" of different tour operators etc in each of them!

• 3 weeks later...

the first time i went to nassau we only went to the beach, then the second time i was without children so had more cash and went to atlantis, AMAZING and such fun, kids would have loved it, it was the nicest place ive ever been and the rides were as good as wet and wild but nicer scenery. if you book a room at comfort suites or any of the atlantis hotels you get free entry to the waterpark, aquariums, pool, beach, a room to leave your stuff while you slide, and it works out cheaper than paying through the cruiseline. especially since i dont think they charge for the children.

definately take the older kids to atlantis

perhaps your husband and dad could go fishing whilst you and your mum and kids go to atlantis, and the other islands you could be at the beach and do jet skiing. not sure where you can horseback ride.

Archived