Cabin 8004 on Royal Princess or other R class ships

wwinfl91

Has anyone had Balcony cabin 8004 on the Royal Princess or on one of the other former Renaissance ships? We were on the Tahitian a couple of years ago and had a balcony cabin on deck 6 6202 and enjoyed the ship and the cabin.

From what I have read the cabin and balcony size in all the balcony cabins on the former "R" ships is the same except for the suites and mini-suites and maybe on the aft balconies.

What I am especially interested in is whether being up to deck and towards the forward section of the ship will result in a rougher passage.

By the way we are doing the 14 day Alaskan cruise in August, 2010.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me.

I am very envious! We were on Royal Princess for two weeks (in the Caribbean) last month and we had a wonderful cruise! We loved that ship!

We were in 8027, a starboard BA toward midship.

Here are some pictures from the ship and our cabin:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=refreshPhotos&albumID=577503272&security=wzYZAz

As far as your concerns about being foward on Deck 8 are concerned -

I did not feel more motion in our cabin than in other places on the ship. We definitely knew we were at sea on some occasions, but we have experienced rougher on larger ships. I thought the little girl provided a nice ride.

Now I know your cabin will be more forward than ours but keep in mind that the bridge is located on that deck so the most forward cabins on Deck 8 are above cabins on lower decks that are not the most forward. (If you use the click and drag feature on cruisedeckplans, 8004 is above 7026

- so it is not as far forward as it might first seem)

Hope that helps and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the pictues and your experiences with the ship. It looks a lot like the Tahitian and we loved it so I'm sure we will feel the same way about the Royal.

IMHO I wish Princess wasn't getting rid of this ship next year but I guess they think they know what they are doing. P&O is getting a jewell I suspect.

Thanks again and have a great next cruise.

Archived