Egypt to Istanbul May 7

fhcfac

We are leaving for Cairo a few days early to see a little more in addition to the post excursion itinerary. We will be staying at the Four Seasons. Does anyone have suggestions as to what we should add activity-wise? Has anyone used a private guide and driver they would like to recomend? Thank you for the help.

I gather you are looking for a guide in Cairo, but if you are also looking for a guide in Turkey.....

My family and I were guided by Levent Solmaz in Ephesus and Istanbul 2 years ago. He was knowledgable, friendly, dependable---a first-rate guide. He was educated in the U.S., so his english is quite good.

Levent can be reached through his web site http://www.leventsolmaz.com.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's okay to mention another guide...

In 2001 our guide for three weeks in western Turkey was Mehmet Cabuk. His English is also great, and he is very familiar with the major attractions and hidden sights around the country. I know he is licensed with the tourism board, as I assume all guides are. I don't know what his schedule is but his website is http://www.geocities.com/mehmetcabuk/ if you would like to get in touch with him. He was on a U.S. tour recently (in my town and I missed him - I was so disappointed!) but he may be back in Turkey in May.

My wife and I took a Silversea cruise in Oct. 2003 from Safaga to Mumbai. We went into Cairo 3 days early and through a personal contact had a wonderful guide plus car and driver and excellent itinerary. We coordinated our tour with the Silversea pre-cruise Cairo and Luxor program. If you have interest in the details you may email me at davidroyal@peoplepc.com

• 11 months later...

Archived