Gem vs Jewel

Hi, we have sailed on the NCL Dawn twice out of NYC to the Caribbean. I see that in Jan 2011 both the Gem and Jewel are doing the Eastern Caribbean from NYC a day apart. Anyone have any comments on which is the better ship to sail. We loved the Dawn, went to Miami to sail on her in Feb 2010. Any input would be appreciated.:)

I don't know what the pricing looks like in Jan. but we chose the Gem for Nov 2010 the pricing difference in the suites were unbelievable. We were able to get a courtyard villa for 1800 p/p. as opposed to 3500.p/p They are sister ships, the Gem is newer. We already sailed her in a Romance suite last year for the same price. Good Deal No Nickelodeon

I don't know what the pricing looks like in Jan. but we chose the Gem for Nov 2010 the pricing difference in the suites were unbelievable. We were able to get a courtyard villa for 1800 p/p. as opposed to 3500.p/p They are sister ships, the Gem is newer. We already sailed her in a Romance suite last year for the same price. Good Deal No Nickelodeon

When are you going in Nov? We're on 11/27, join our rollcall if you are also.

The Garden Cafe on the Gem is much, much, mucho much better than the Jewel, but the Jewel has John O'Hara. Hmmm...I guess it would come down to the best price since I'm a cheap bastard.

I wish John would move over to the Gem, though.

I have not sailed the Jewel, but I can tell you the Gem is absolutely wonderful. I do not have one complaint about anything on it, from service to food to entertainment. (We are sailing the Dawn to Bermuda June 13, so I hope we like it as much as you did!)

Archived