booking shore excursions

CaribJoey

Hi All, ,I would like to know should i book shore excursions onboard...or off the ship ,this is my first cruise and since it is i was wondering since i have 600 in OBC should i use them on that .Please let me know

Thanks

Hi All, ,I would like to know should i book shore excursions onboard...or off the ship ,this is my first cruise and since it is i was wondering since i have 600 in OBC should i use them on that .Please let me know

Thanks

You should book them now they might be full when you get on the ship. They will not charge you when you book them they will get charged to your onboard account.

Thanks

If I understand what you're asking correctly, I'd book everything in advance! We went on our first cruise in March and tried to book an excursion in Nassau with the ship about 3 weeks before leaving and it was full! The upside was that we looked into booking it independently and it ended up being extremely easy and saved us money. If you have that onboard credit I'd probably book through the ship, but either way book in advance! If you want to cancel you can within a certain time period before the excursion, I think it's 48 hrs. Nothing is charged up front when you book with the ship (obviously, it may be different when you book independently). Hope that helps! :)

My approach is to look at the available excursions from NCL and decide pretty quickly after booking if I might want to take one of them. I reserve it to hold my spot. I also periodically check back because there are sometimes additional ones added or something might have changed. They do not charge you at the time of booking, so there is no harm in doing this. THEN, I look into alternative excursions with 3rd-party companies to see if they offer better pricing for something similar. Or I do research and find something I want to do on my own. Eventually, I either keep the ship excursion or cancel it before I arrive on board (usually well in advance). You can cancel up to 48 hours before the excursion without incurring a charge. You need to call them to cancel (you can't do it yourself via the website). You never pay for the NCL excursion until it's added to your on board account. So you can use your OBC to pay for it (and your other charges).

Archived