Lost Camera

Unfortunately I lost my camera in Ephesus on May 13. I put it down in the restroom (near the exit), but when I returned not 2 minutes later, it was gone. It was a Canon Digital Elph. I know this is a long shot, but I have to hope that someone honest found it.

The bright side is that we had a fantastic cruise on the Ruby Princess. I will write a review soon.

Oh man..... I would be upset !!! BUT.......

For those who read this........ you cannot let go of anything while sightseeing ! Some places are worse than others but most will tell you - keep a grip on everything !

Good luck.

Bad news.

I hope that you did as I always do -- download each day's pictures to the laptop that very night, so that if the camera does get lost or broken, at least my previous pictures are safe.

I won't let dh lug our laptop around (so he won't try to do any work). So we do it even easier...... memory sticks/chips are so cheap now. We buy multiples. One for each day (new port) and just put in a new one when we recharge battery every night. That way if camera is lost - only that days pictures are gone.

Unfortunately I lost my camera in Ephesus on May 13. I put it down in the restroom (near the exit), but when I returned not 2 minutes later, it was gone. It was a Canon Digital Elph. I know this is a long shot, but I have to hope that someone honest found it.

The bright side is that we had a fantastic cruise on the Ruby Princess. I will write a review soon.

Just returned from Med cruise on Grand Princess. My friend had his camera 'lifted' at Barcelona and a lady had $100 taken from her trousers-leg pocket.

I put one of those return address labels right on the camera, and another in the camera case. I did have one returned when I was onboard a riverboat, just left it in the lounge so that wasn't so bad, but the concierge did know who to call to come get it. Love the other two ideas about the first picture being of the luggage tag with ship and cabin, and using different memory chips/or loading onto a PC. I try to keep mine hanging around my neck at all times!! We had someone's wallet and passport taken from one of those leg zippered pockets on a train in Athen's - awful!!

Archived