SPB TOURS -evening option

My friend and I are debating on doing the evening shopping & canal boat ride in St Petersburg. We were wondering what kinds of shops to they take you to. Are these tourist type of shops or high end (where even though I'm on this amazing cruise, I can't afford to shop there)?

And overall was it worth the money for this excursion?

Thanks,

Melinda

My friend and I are debating on doing the evening shopping & canal boat ride in St Petersburg. We were wondering what kinds of shops to they take you to. Are these tourist type of shops or high end (where even though I'm on this amazing cruise, I can't afford to shop there)? And overall was it worth the money for this excursion?

Thanks, Melinda

In many of the shops in St. Petersburg, they will have a wide, wide range of merchandise quality, all under one roof. Lower to higher. You can see the differences between the better stuff with more hand-work versus the "cheap stuff". If you can't afford to be buying such items, however, then what's the point of going there on that tour and spending money for it???? Some tour companies will take you to shops where they have their "arrangements". Maybe that's good, maybe not. The canal boat tour is nice to see the architecture of this historic town from different and better angles than just ridding by in a bus. The two super-star Cathedrals are open later. Are you doing a private, custom tour or just tagging along on a set-program with one company?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From what I understand this is the first year SpB is doing this excursion, so you won't find anyone here who has done it before.

They're pretty approachable - try e-mailing Viktoria and ask her about the stores.

I agree fully. Viktoria is one of the few who will be positively honest with you. as we have said so many times, (Terry especially), you must ask questions, do not be afraid to ask questions and just because you may get an answer that doesn't fully meet your needs, ask some more. Viktoria stress this so much, and that is one of the main reasons we booked with her, her truly genuine caring about how we feel.

Cheers

Len

My friend and I are debating on doing the evening shopping & canal boat ride in St Petersburg. We were wondering what kinds of shops to they take you to. Are these tourist type of shops or high end (where even though I'm on this amazing cruise, I can't afford to shop there)?

And overall was it worth the money for this excursion?

Thanks,

Melinda

hey Melinda, come with us, we're already booked.

the shopping could be quite a laugh after the vodka that they'll be plying us with!

my gosh, three months today and we'll be about to spend our last night in London. wow!

pete

Archived