Rain forecasted everyday in Seward

bluetiger9192

The weather forecast says rain almost everyday over the next week and half in Seward (including the day when my Kenai Fjord tour is scheduled for). Does that mean that there is a chance that my Kenai Fjord boat tour will be cancelled or do they operate rain or shine?

Thanks.

The forecasts in Alaska remind me of the forecasts in Micronesia when we lived there- 85 degrees every day, 85% chance of rain., 85% humidity. Never changed. Weathermen there cheered the day we had a minor earthquake- it was the most exciting thing they had done in about a year. They quit out of boredom.

Seward gets lots of rain. Also a quick note. I would never want to be a weather predicter in Alaska. Here is How I know what the weather is in Alaska. I look outsite and/or walk out in it lol. Our weather changes so quickly just keep that in mind,

Adri :)

On trip in May 2007 60% chance of rain was predicted for almost every day of the week. Only one day of rain on a sea day.

On trip in July 2009 (B2B) I didn't pay attention to rain chances but did notice temperatures were very nice. Turned out 1st week was mostly short sleeve shirts and 2nd week was long sleeve shirts.

It isn't any different than being at home. It is called unpredictable!;)

Happy Cruising!:)

Just got back from my third Alaskan cruise it before leaving the weather was suppose to rain every day. Well, it rained in Whittier and Ketchikan only. Anchorage, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier were all nice with some clouds, but mostly sunny. Don't listyen to the weather report for Alaska. You will know what it is when you get there. BTW, The only excursions that are ever cancelled because of the weather are flight excursions.

It's probably not likely your excursion will get canceled due to rain. It's possible that your visibility will be reduced if the rain is heavy, but you can't know that until it's time to go. It's still a lovely trip, rain or shine.

The weather will be what it is- a little rain will not cancel anything- high winds maybe- just be sure you have a rain jacket that will keep you dry if it does rain-

So, just enjoy- and don't worry - the weather will do what it will- and we have learned here in Alaska- we just forge forward, throw our hoods up if it rains- and enjoy as we can.

Having said that- On Sunday- it weather report said- partly sun Monday, and rain the balance of the week- well- yesterday we had sun, and was "rainless"- today- is bright sun- and they are saying we are going to see it is up to 70- now it says- Saturday we will have rain- by then- will need it to settle the dust.

Archived