Can RCI do this???

I made my arrangements with an RCI vacation consultant. I would think they would know what is and is not available.

That is your first mistake. :D Unfortunately, all too often, multiple calls to RCI's (and other cruiseline's) customer service representatives end up with multiple and quite different responses.:rolleyes: Actually the person who handled your original booking and told you that it would include transfers was correct. It was the other representative who told you that they were only available if your flight arrived on the day of sailing who misrepresented the facts. Patti's comments are correct and if you booked your air or hotel or both through RCI, your transfers should be included. I think you are worrying unnecessarily call to RCI again and explain your situation. That should allay your fears.:)

octagonmike comments:

"I get the feeling he/she doesn't actually have this in writing at all.

If she does there is of course no comeback."

Yes I DO have this in writing. The very first line under Pre-Cruise Arrangements is "03 SEPT TRANSFER, AIRPORT TO HOTEL

Because of this I am not too worried. Just curious about other crusiers experiences with problems and RCI.

So why the panic then ?

Go with the flow !

That is your first mistake. :D Unfortunately, all too often, multiple calls to RCI's (and other cruiseline's) customer service representatives end up with multiple and quite different responses.:rolleyes: Actually the person who handled your original booking and told you that it would include transfers was correct. It was the other representative who told you that they were only available if your flight arrived on the day of sailing who misrepresented the facts. Patti's comments are correct and if you booked your air or hotel or both through RCI, your transfers should be included. I think you are worrying unnecessarily call to RCI again and explain your situation. That should allay your fears.:)

Bill, I think with Choice Air the transfers work differently. You can only get transfers if you are arriving the day of sailing, and you must purchase them separately, they are not included like with Custom Air. She would have to go back to the airport on September 4th and catch the bus to Harwich.

Making Your Own Air Travel Arrangements?

If you choose to make your own air arrangements or book air through our online ChoiceAir Travel Program you may wish to purchase ground transportation to the ship. Transfers are available for purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

Unfortunately calling back and talking to another Rc rep for the third time would not allay my fears or cause me not to worry unnecessarily, but maybe the third time is a charm

Just an update on my transfers. After a weeks time, numerous phone calls, asking twice to speak with a supervisor (aways had to leave a message), an email, I still have not heard anything from RCI. I am not impressed with their vacation planning department!!!!! I realize it was a holiday weekend, but this is not a huge problem. I'm making other arrangements just in case I need them.

Just an update on my transfers. After a weeks time, numerous phone calls, asking twice to speak with a supervisor (aways had to leave a message), an email, I still have not heard anything from RCI. I am not impressed with their vacation planning department!!!!! I realize it was a holiday weekend, but this is not a huge problem. I'm making other arrangements just in case I need them.

Yes, it was the holiday weekend. But that is no excuse.

Here is the telephone number to the offices of Executive Customer Service 1-888-767-4644. They normally deal with after cruise situations, but I have, on occasion, called them prior to a cruise and they have been able to help me. I have a feeling that they will tell you what I have posted here...........but it looks like either your CVP did not explain it to you properly or possibly you misunderstood.

Making Your Own Air Travel Arrangements?

If you choose to make your own air arrangements or book air through our online ChoiceAir Travel Program you may wish to purchase ground transportation to the ship. Transfers are available for purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

Thank you for your help. I now have the problem resolved. I was told that there was a "computer glich" and we were not the only ones mislead. As you stated, there are no transfers with choice air. So RCI has compensated us to cover this expense. I think this is fair and I am satisfied. I now know what to expect. I have learned two lessons - just because it's in writing does not make it so, and just because you deal directly with the company does not exclude you from problems. Thanks again for the number.

Thank you for your help. I now have the problem resolved. I was told that there was a "computer glich" and we were not the only ones mislead. As you stated, there are no transfers with choice air. So RCI has compensated us to cover this expense. I think this is fair and I am satisfied. I now know what to expect. I have learned two lessons - just because it's in writing does not make it so, and just because you deal directly with the company does not exclude you from problems. Thanks again for the number.

Oh that is terrific news. I am so glad to hear you got it all taken care of. I guess we all learned something from your situation and booking Choice Air.

Now, if you are doing the September 4 Jewel TA cruise out of Harwich, please come say hello to our roll call.

Jewel of the Seas TA-Sept 4 2010 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Archived