Can RCI do this???

I booked the TA cruise on Jewel of the Seas (Sept, 2010) last November. I booked my airfare with choice air. Also we have 1 night pre-cruise stay in London with all transfers (airiport to hotel, hotel to pier. I have the original confirmation in hand which states all of these things. Today I receive an email, dated today, with the exact confirmation information except the airport transfer. I haven't called yet (going to later) but I was just curious if anyone else every had a problem with RCI changing things after deposits and payments were made.

I booked the TA cruise on Jewel of the Seas (Sept, 2010) last November. I booked my airfare with choice air. Also we have 1 night pre-cruise stay in London with all transfers (airiport to hotel, hotel to pier. I have the original confirmation in hand which states all of these things. Today I receive an email, dated today, with the exact confirmation information except the airport transfer. I haven't called yet (going to later) but I was just curious if anyone else every had a problem with RCI changing things after deposits and payments were made.

I would call 1-800-533-7803 as there looks like someone made a mistake.

If you have the airfare and hotel booked through RC, the transfers are automatically added. It's probably a typo. I'd call and ask RC about it before getting upset.

When doing Choice Air, transfers are NOT included. You must purchase them separately.

Transfers are automatically included with you do Custom Air.

Yes I am trying to stay calm. I did speak with one representative from RCI who informed me that they did not do transfers if you arrive a day early to the hotel. RCI made the itinerary and generated the confirmation. As this is my first trip to Europe, everything was discussed in great detail. If they did not do the transfers I can't understand how this happened to begin with. I was just curious if any others have had simular problems with RCI.

Yes I am trying to stay calm. I did speak with one representative from RCI who informed me that they did not do transfers if you arrive a day early to the hotel. RCI made the itinerary and generated the confirmation. As this is my first trip to Europe, everything was discussed in great detail. If they did not do the transfers I can't understand how this happened to begin with. I was just curious if any others have had simular problems with RCI.

Sorry, but they DO do transfers if you arrive a day early--unless they have changed policy in the last month:rolleyes:.

First of all, here is the link to our Roll Call. Please stop by and say hi. Lots of great people Jewel of the Seas TA-Sept 4 2010 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

We are also on this cruise but we did Custom Air through RCI with a three day pre-cruise package and our transfers are included from airport to hotel to ship.

I would call back and speak to another rep. If you have confirmation saying transfers were included, then I would ask to speak to a supervisor.

I took this off the RCI website Please note what I have highlighted in red.

Ease into your cruise adventure by letting Royal Caribbean safely get you to/from the ship with one of our easy to purchase ground transfers.

Transfer Program

When purchasing Air Arrangements through Royal Caribbean International (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included. Should you purchase a hotel package with your cruise and air, your transportation is included between the airport, hotel and ship.

Making Your Own Air Travel Arrangements?

If you choose to make your own air arrangements or book air through our online ChoiceAir Travel Program you may wish to purchase ground transportation to the ship. Transfers are available for purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

It is recommended that transfers are purchased two weeks prior to sailing. Please remember we require your flight information in order to promptly meet all guests.

To purchase your Royal Caribbean Guest Transfer or for additional information consult your travel agent or our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-6700

Cruisetour-only Guests

Transfers are included in your Cruisetour package.

s.gif s.gifs.gif

If you choose to make your own air arrangements or book air through our online ChoiceAir Travel Program you may wish to purchase ground transportation to the ship. Transfers are available for purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

I made my arrangements with an RCI vacation consultant. I would think they would know what is and is not available. Thats why I booked with them to begin with. To be sure everything is as it should be. The consultant arranged the air and the transfers as we discussed. And I have the confirmation stating such. I have spoken with her and she is working on a solution for this problem.

I made my arrangements with an RCI vacation consultant. I would think they would know what is and is not available. Thats why I booked with them to begin with. To be sure everything is as it should be. The consultant arranged the air and the transfers as we discussed. And I have the confirmation stating such. I have spoken with her and she is working on a solution for this problem.

I understand that they made your your air arrangements and transfers, but when doing Choice Air, as you stated in your first post, the transfers are from airport to ship. Had you done Custom Air, you would have transfers from airport to hotel to ship.

Even when doing a pre-cruise hotel, the transfers with Choice Air would not be included to hotel and then to the ship. You would have to return to the airport on the morning of embarkation and then you will be transferred from there to the ship. Choice Air is a relatively new program and it looks like they don't have all the bugs worked out.

I do hope they get the problem solved for you. You have plenty of time.

Please stop over to our roll call and say hello. Would love to add you to our list........which is huge.

I booked Choice Air for our TA this fall and I, too, thought transfers were included. I have since learned they are not. As previously stated, Custom Air includes transfers, but Choice Air does not.

We since decided to take a taxi to the hotel when we arrive in Barcelona but did purchase transfers for our return trip from Galveston to Houston for our flight home.

I booked Choice Air for our TA this fall and I, too, thought transfers were included. I have since learned they are not. As previously stated, Custom Air includes transfers, but Choice Air does not.

We since decided to take a taxi to the hotel when we arrive in Barcelona but did purchase transfers for our return trip from Galveston to Houston for our flight home.

These are the small details that are so important.....and when left unexplained can really cause unnecessary stress.

So what is the point in booking directly with RCI. Usuallly I book online and do my own airfare. But for this trip, not knowing all the the in's and out's of this kind of trip, I choose to use the vacation planner provided by RCI. Who else would be better informed on traveling with RCI than RCI. If I had been told at the time that transfers were not included, there would not be a problem. Had the RCI representatives told me correct information, there would not be a problem. As I said, I was just curious if anyone else had simular problems, and if it was fairly resolved.

So what is the point in booking directly with RCI. Usuallly I book online and do my own airfare. But for this trip, not knowing all the the in's and out's of this kind of trip, I choose to use the vacation planner provided by RCI. Who else would be better informed on traveling with RCI than RCI. If I had been told at the time that transfers were not included, there would not be a problem. Had the RCI representatives told me correct information, there would not be a problem. As I said, I was just curious if anyone else had simular problems, and if it was fairly resolved.

you make an excellant point!! Not everyone is a RC cheerleader that knows the ins and outs of every booking detail. RC has got to do a better job of training and providing their call center people with correct information. I just continually am amazed at just how bad RC deals with it's public image and public relations and I think a lot of it has to do with untrained employees. The old days of realling trying to dig down to the root of some type of customer dissatisfaction is long gone.........gone with the Nordic Prince, Song of America and the times that made them what they are today......... and somehow they forgot what got them where they are..................JMO.

On the bright side, since they apparently didn't charge you for transfers you're not out anything and they probably did you a favor and saved you some money. I would look into the many limo services available. There are ones that specialize in London cruise ship transfers.

Simply Airports did us well for getting from the airport to the hotel. It was about the same as a cab, but had a set rate.

We used Woodford Chauffeur Cars to get to the port, it was cheaper than paying to get from the hotel to the airport and then paying for two RCI transfers. They came recommended by someone on Cruise Critic.

I agree i would have thought that booking air with RCCL included transfers, will always check now.

London

The train to Harwich leaves from Liverpool Street Station and you want Harwich International Station.

The station is next to the ship.

There are special cruise ship trains that leave at 12,05 for the Jewel

Do not know the price though, it is usually cheaper to book well in advance for the best rate.

www,thetrainline.com will give you an idea of cost.

Alternatively

Coach

RCCL use intercruises from London Victoria and Heathrow

emial royalconnections@intercruises.com

Hope it helps

G

Well that's the problem. As far as I know, I did pay for the transfers. On my choice air confirmation, it reads "if you purchased transfers they are included in this confirmation. And it is on my confirmation. However I do not have an itimized statement from choice air. I don't have anything except the amount on my credit card and the confirmation. When this was booked I plainly asked for transfers. I was given an amount of what I had to pay, no breakdown of the amount. I paid what was required and now RCI is saying I don't have the transfers.

On the bright side, since they apparently didn't charge you for transfers you're not out anything and they probably did you a favor and saved you some money. I would look into the many limo services available. There are ones that specialize in London cruise ship transfers.

Simply Airports did us well for getting from the airport to the hotel. It was about the same as a cab, but had a set rate.

We used Woodford Chauffeur Cars to get to the port, it was cheaper than paying to get from the hotel to the airport and then paying for two RCI transfers. They came recommended by someone on Cruise Critic.

The issue is the OP was told and HAS IT IN WRITING that the transfers were included in her package. Even if it was a mistake on RC's part, RC should pony up and give her the transfers since their agent sent her a confirmation with the transfers included.

The issue is the OP was told and HAS IT IN WRITING that the transfers were included in her package. Even if it was a mistake on RC's part, RC should pony up and give her the transfers since their agent sent her a confirmation with the transfers included.

I thought that at first and then I read OP last comment and I get the feeling he/she doesn't actually have this in writing at all.

If she does there is of course no comeback.

If the OP wants a private transfer from London to Harwich or Southampton I can advise that this will not be at all cheap. About £ 100 each way ($150) in a car for 4 persons. I can advise a number of a very good friend of mine that can help.

A train is going to be in the region of £30 each way I would have thought (per person)

I agree i would have thought that booking air with RCCL included transfers, will always check now.

G

Transfers are included with Custom Air from airport to hotel to ship or just airport to ship.

With Choice Air transfers are available for purchase, but only from airport to ship.

If the OP has transfers included from airport to ship in her Choice Air Package, she would have to return to Heathrow on embarkation day and catch the bus to the port there.

Well that's the problem. As far as I know, I did pay for the transfers. On my choice air confirmation, it reads "if you purchased transfers they are included in this confirmation. And it is on my confirmation. However I do not have an itimized statement from choice air. I don't have anything except the amount on my credit card and the confirmation. When this was booked I plainly asked for transfers. I was given an amount of what I had to pay, no breakdown of the amount. I paid what was required and now RCI is saying I don't have the transfers.

As I said before, transfers are included with Custom Air and not Choice Air, they must be purchased separately and they only will get you from the airport to the ship.

I have a feeling that when talking with the rep, when you added your pre-cruise hotel through RCI that might have negated the transfers all together.

London

The train to Harwich leaves from Liverpool Street Station and you want Harwich International Station.

The station is next to the ship.

There are special cruise ship trains that leave at 12,05 for the Jewel

Do not know the price though, it is usually cheaper to book well in advance for the best rate.

www,thetrainline.com will give you an idea of cost.

Alternatively

Coach

RCCL use intercruises from London Victoria and Heathrow

emial royalconnections@intercruises.com

Hope it helps

G

Choice Air is just your normal airline booking engine like you would get with Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz/etc, they provide it as a convenience for you (and to make some money for them). It's not at all like the standard/custom air that you book with your cabin booking and does not come with the benefits.

I don't think you need to worry too much. If you have an original confirmation showing that transfers were included, then they'll most likely make it right for you. The good thing is that you noticed it now, 3+ months out from your trip. Relax, get it straightened out, and go back to daydreaming about your cruise. :cool:

octagonmike comments:

"I get the feeling he/she doesn't actually have this in writing at all.

If she does there is of course no comeback."

Yes I DO have this in writing. The very first line under Pre-Cruise Arrangements is "03 SEPT TRANSFER, AIRPORT TO HOTEL

Because of this I am not too worried. Just curious about other crusiers experiences with problems and RCI.

octagonmike comments:

"I get the feeling he/she doesn't actually have this in writing at all.

If she does there is of course no comeback."

Yes I DO have this in writing. The very first line under Pre-Cruise Arrangements is "03 SEPT TRANSFER, AIRPORT TO HOTEL

Because of this I am not too worried. Just curious about other crusiers experiences with problems and RCI.

If I am remembering correctly, there is a transfer ticket in the cruise docs that you have to give to the driver at the airport, hotel, etc in order to get on the bus. I don't know if it is the same process since RC started using e-docs instead of paper tickets. You need to get it straightened out before you leave for the cruise. No transfer ticket = no bus.

Archived