Mexican Rivera with kids 6,10,14 HELP!

Cavners5

We are trying to plan out our ports, and I am seeing that alot of the excursions have an age restrictions. Ie: there is one in PV that you take a boatride out to Muriates (?) and then Kyak and snorkle. Could my DD (6) still do this excursion, but just not kyak????

We do not want to spend all of our time shopping, so we are just wondering what can we do in the ports that would be fun for all of us as a family. I know the boys will definately not want to shop.....and my DH will not go off with without me and DD (worry wart about safety). Any suggestions out there from the expert cruisers?????

We are trying to plan out our ports, and I am seeing that alot of the excursions have an age restrictions. Ie: there is one in PV that you take a boatride out to Muriates (?) and then Kyak and snorkle. Could my DD (6) still do this excursion, but just not kyak????

We do not want to spend all of our time shopping, so we are just wondering what can we do in the ports that would be fun for all of us as a family. I know the boys will definately not want to shop.....and my DH will not go off with without me and DD (worry wart about safety). Any suggestions out there from the expert cruisers?????

`

We are scheduled for the Splendor late this summer...We have 7 year old twin boys when we booked we did it through an independent Co. I noticed a great deal of excursions through Carnival you have to be 8 yrs..We are snorkling and Kayaking in Cabo..In PV a dolphin swim and Mazatlan the beach..I think she would do fine as long as she comfortable in the water.

The tour co. listed on this board has great reviews and much cheaper than CCL..most of what we looked at the kids had to be 6..let me know if you need any further info...Happy Travels..Lisa

I was told the water in Cabo is nicer than PV for water excursions...the problem is the stop in Cabo is so short...

My recommendation is to skip the tour and take a taxi to the beach. We have done this twice in PV. We just took a taxi to the Mismaloya beach and spent the day there.

Here is my write up on this topic in another forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21519143&postcount=11&highlight=mismaloya

This write-up is about our 2006 trip. In 2009, we went back again with our two daughters. We went snorkeling this time at Los Arcos. There is plenty to do at this beach to keep the family occupied.

Here are a couple of pictures from Mismaloya.

549293018_7MvCp-S.jpg

Los Arcos is the rock hill in the left background. As you can see, it's very close.

548875839_AEKtk-S.jpg

• 1 month later...

just back from mex riv cruise on carnival. we hired an amazing tour guide in pv. his name is reinhard dressler. we were a group of 14 (6-adults/8 kids) we spent 9 hours with our guide and everyone in our group aggreed it was the highlight of the entire cruise. we slid down waterfalls in to the river/cliff dove into the ocean/snorkeled and took anamazing hike down the coast. it was amazing from start to finish! it was not like spending the day with a toiur guide. it was spending the day with a new friend! he is an amazing man and his only goal for the day was to make sure we had a good time. send me a message if youu want more details.

just back from mex riv cruise on carnival. we hired an amazing tour guide in pv. his name is reinhard dressler. we were a group of 14 (6-adults/8 kids) we spent 9 hours with our guide and everyone in our group aggreed it was the highlight of the entire cruise. we slid down waterfalls in to the river/cliff dove into the ocean/snorkeled and took anamazing hike down the coast. it was amazing from start to finish! it was not like spending the day with a toiur guide. it was spending the day with a new friend! he is an amazing man and his only goal for the day was to make sure we had a good time. send me a message if youu want more details.

How do you book the tour? and how much is it for the whole day?

Archived