Apartments in Rome

Has anyone had any experience in staying at apartments whilst in Rome? Are there any hidden prices or dangers to doing this? I just received a great price on one and am wondering "if it seems too good to be true.....".

Any comments would be appreciated.

Donna

Has anyone had any experience in staying at apartments whilst in Rome? Are there any hidden prices or dangers to doing this? I just received a great price on one and am wondering "if it seems too good to be true.....".

Any comments would be appreciated.

Donna

I'm interested too. Where did you get the great rate? BTW, we're looking at 6/28 - 7/2 in case we're competing. lol

We rented a Room at a Bed and Breakfast which was basically a converted apartment with three rooms. Each room had its own bathroom and tub/shower. We also had full kitchen privileges. I did it all over the internet, which had an endless list of choices. Apartments were also available on the same sites (too many options to list, just run a search on any internet search sites). We reserved with a credit card and then paid the final bill in cash (euros) when we left. There were no hidden fees or even taxes. The place was very clean and the breakfasts were coffee, pastries, cheeses. Everything worked out well although it was a little difficult to find as the address was a stairway (if you see rampa on a map you will know it is a stairway, not a street), which the taxi driver hadn't heard of. The B&B was near the Vatican. It was called Monte del Gallo. If I were to return to Rome I would try to stay near the Piazza Novona or Campo de Fiori. (not sure on the spelling). Public transportation got us wherever we needed to go. Get a map/travel guide. Ours was small enough to fit in my pocket, but had all the sights and some suggested restaurants on it. In other words I wouldn't hesitate to rent an apartment or other room again, but I would only reserve with a credit card deposit (ours said they would charge one night if we didn't show), so if something happened I could at least contest the charge if needed. Go to trip advisor and look for reviews of places. Some of the B&B/Apartment rental sites also have reviews.

Joe, we were quoted 480 Euro for 3 nights (in October, so no competing!). This is an apartment (2 bedroom 1 bath living room dining area bathroom and full kitchen--with washer!) in the "Jewish Getto district". It is 1/2 block from the Palazzo Campo de' Fiori and the Palazzo Farnese. It is in a residental neighborhood near the Tiber River. In other words, we think it is great! They can also provide a Mercedes sedan to transport you from the airport for an additional 40 Euro. I was told there was room for 4 with luggage. We have not been able to find anything to compare to this offer, so we booked it! The website address is info@comfortitalia.com and the contact name is Helen Yeh. Tell her I referred you, maybe I'll get something out of the deal :D :D !! Hope this works for you!

Donna

That is a great location. Here's an interesting place we ate at, which was near the Campo dei Fiori:

Trattoria der Pallaro serves a five-course meal of Roman food for €20, including wine, coffee, and a mandarin liqueur. It's located a block south of Corso Vittorio Emanuele, down Largo del Chiavari to Largo del Pallaro.

We rented an apartment in Rome this past summer that slept four. We were 2 adults and 2 children and it worked out very well. It cost approx. $155.00 per night and it was located right off the piazza where the Pantheon is. It was very central, we walked all over Rome from here. A lot of great restaurant very close by. It had a little kitchen area, but we never cooked. We did buy some snacks, and drinks and put them in the Frig. The only downside to this apartment was that it had no airconditioning and it was July when we were there, we had fans and we coped. We would definitely rent this place again but never in the summer. The company (Sleep in Italy) we rented from had many other apartments, and with airconditioning also. It's website is sleepinitaly.com. They were very efficient in replying with confirmation and details and everything went smoothly. We were very happy with their service. This is the only way to go, especially if you are a family. Hotels in Italy generally don't accommodate more than 3 people in a room and booking 2 rooms gets to be expensive.

Archived