LandsEnd - Rash Guard shirts - any info?

Berk987

Does anyone know anything about this? On sale online $14.50. UPF 50 protection 82% nylon and 18% spandex. Is this for a cover up at the beach or can be used as a tee shirt during the day so the kid's body don't get burned? Is suntan lotion still required? don't the kids get all hot and sweaty since it is nylon and spandex and not cotton? Is the fabric UPF 50? Doesn't it wash up when you wash by hand? Thanks.

My Kids use Land's End Rash guards for swimming. I think the material is very nice and breathable and dries quickly. They last longer than the cheap stuff you can get at target or WalM. My husband even wears rash guard to protect his pasty white skin. It really is a must considering how dangerous the suns ray are today.

My girls wear rash guards as bathing suits. One great thing about them, besides keeping my girls safer from the deadly rays - is that rash guards dry so quickly, so they're more comfortable than swim suits and aren't still damp the next day when we put them on.

We still put sunscreen on everywhere before getting dressed - as we do every day - and then reapply throughout the day.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Ladies. I'll let the kids pick out the colors online and order tonight. I'm going to get one myself. Heck, for $14.50, everyone's going to get at least 2 of them. I can wear kids size 14/16 so it is cheaper for me. Will get one for my pasty white DH also (hahahaha).

So how long do you think the UPF 50 lasts? All season? Next also? Just handwash with a little clothes detergent and hang to dry? I'll remember to put sunscreen all over their bodies first before putting on the rash guard. Thanks again.

For the shirts, I usually buy the next size up just because they fit so snug. I haven't read anything about the loss of SPF value....but since one of my twins is smaller than the other, she always wears last year's hand-me-down and hasn't had a problem, but it's a great question.

I actually wash mine in the delicates bag in the washer and then hang to dry. They hold up really well.

Best,

Mia

Thanks. I'm excited, just order 3 shirts per child and 2 for me @ $14.50 each and free shipping. Can't wait until they arrive. We can wear them all summer and for our December cruise. Why haven't I considered this before? I love CC posting...tons of info. LandsEnd person said the UPF 50 lasts for the life of the shirt. Which is great to hand down to my nieces and nephews.

Heck, these shirts will go down to a current 3Y, 2Y and newborn eventually. I always keep our clothes really clean. My kids hate mess and dirt (OK a little Type A like mom) so we give our clothes more often than not to their little cousins. LandsEnd rain boots, rain coats, down jackets, fleece coats etc. LandsEnd has great quality. Pay a little more but very sturdy clothes.

We order these every year for my 5 kids...I get all the same color and try to get kids into similar sizes so if someone can't find theirs - no fights....The other best thing is that LANDSEND can be returned at any Sears. I use the conveniece of ordering online at LandsEnd and return at Sears if need be.

I LOVE these. I have them for all of my kids and myself. If you wash them in the sink on your cruise and wring them out well, they will be dry the next day if you hang them to dry. If you leave them on all day, you really don't need to put sunscreen on under them. My boys won't wear them until I tell them that they have had enough sun and make them wear them. They are teenagers and I guess that it isn't very "cool". I have used these for years and have great luck with Lands End. I buy all of my own swimwear from them.

I thought $14.50 was good. Now there is further reduction. $11.70 and free shipping. I've returned the ones that just came in and ordered them again for the lower price. Yes, it is only a few dollars savings per item but when you're buying 8 of them, they add up.

Promotion Code JUNE7 and PIN 4152

Limited Time Offer — Receive Free Shipping and handling to U.S. and Canadian addresses. 4-7 business day delivery to most addresses. Shipping upgrades not applicable. Applies only to merchandise purchased from landsend.com and Lands’ End consumer catalogs. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Consumer is responsible for applicable taxes and duties. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. CDT Monday June 7, 2010.

I thought $14.50 was good. Now there is further reduction. $11.70 and free shipping. I've returned the ones that just came in and ordered them again for the lower price. Yes, it is only a few dollars savings per item but when you're buying 8 of them, they add up.

Promotion Code JUNE7 and PIN 4152

Limited Time Offer — Receive Free Shipping and handling to U.S. and Canadian addresses. 4-7 business day delivery to most addresses. Shipping upgrades not applicable. Applies only to merchandise purchased from landsend.com and Lands’ End consumer catalogs. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Consumer is responsible for applicable taxes and duties. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. CDT Monday June 7, 2010.

Yup.....I got 2 at Sears yesterday for 11.70 each! SWEET! I am tempted to order a few more.

Yup.....I got 2 at Sears yesterday for 11.70 each! SWEET! I am tempted to order a few more.

get some more but larger for next summer. they won't shrink so why not.

think it will go lower in price again? HAHAHAHA

These SAVED my kids on our cruise, especially my fair-skinned DD. Yes, we did use sunscreen in addition. Yes, they wore them in the water (they dried really fast) and no, they didn't make them hot (just don't get them SKIN tight). Wouldn't cruise/vacation without them at this point.

My son and I both used them in Caribbean last summer. They are surprisingly comfortable. I am quite a (ahem) fluffy woman and their plus sizes worked great.

I got a lot of compliments and "where did you get those?"

People were hospitalized on our cruise with such bad sunburn.

Archived