Prices in the Nassau Straw Market

newcruiser551951

I heard that there is information on what a vendor will come down to on a price at the Straw Market. (For example, a "Coach" purse might start out at $110, but the vendor will sell for $60.) Does anyone know where this information is so I can gauge my offer?

Vendors will pretty much deal with everything at the Straw Market. Decide what a particular item is worth to you, offer a little less, let them come back with another offer. If it isn't to your liking, walk away.

It's been my experience that you start your bidding price at half what they ask for, and meet somewhere in the middle. In the past if I see something I want.. ie a knockoff coach purse I will ask the first vendor their price and walk around asking others for theirs, the you can gauge the range. Be firm, and walk away if its more than you think you should pay. Keep in mind that there will be no "real" designer merchandise in the straw market... regardless of what they tell you. And the cigars are not cuban cigars. You will be offered free things then asked for a donation. it can be a very overwhelming experience if you aren't prepared. Bring only small denominations and don't keep all your cash in one place.

i found that if there are ALOT of ships in port, they pretty much wont go really low--i found that day we were there didnt want to DEAL really much at all-way to much for JUNK...i have found that with other ports too if there are NOT ALOT of ships in port THEY DEAL BETTER!!!

IMHO the STRAW MARKET isnt WORTH the TIME.

Archived