Oosterdam: Suite Amenities package

HooKares

Hello,

I have only cruised with Princess...way back back in the 90’s and we have now renewed our interest in cruising. Since we live on the West Coast, we took advantage of going on the Oosterdam for the 12 day fall coastal and Mexico cruise. When we booked, we asked for SY guarantee as the SA,B and C suites were unavailable. My question is...is it worth buying a Suite Amenities package from the onboard gift selections? Most of the items would be used. I am not expecting the “Upgrade Fairy” as I have seen it called on these boards to visit us for this trip, which is why I booked the only suite cabins available for the Coastal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello,

I have only cruised with Princess...way back back in the 90’s and we have now renewed our interest in cruising. Since we live on the West Coast, we took advantage of going on the Oosterdam for the 12 day fall coastal and Mexico cruise. When we booked, we asked for SY guarantee as the SA,B and C suites were unavailable. My question is...is it worth buying a Suite Amenities package from the onboard gift selections? Most of the items would be used. I am not expecting the “Upgrade Fairy” as I have seen it called on these boards to visit us for this trip, which is why I booked the only suite cabins available for the Coastal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!

If you'll use everything then it's worth it... I think I got bored and figured one day it's still worth it even if you don't drink all the coffee on the cards and ignored the bathrobes all together.

It's one of those packages people either love or don't see that they would have much use for. If you would use all/almost all of it, then go for it! It's cheaper than face value on everything

Hello,

When we booked, we asked for SY guarantee as the SA,B and C suites were unavailable.

Cheers!

Not sure if you mean "sold out" by unavailable but I checked this morning and there are SA, SB and SC suites available. I checked because we are on this cruise too (great price for an SA - couldn't pass it up). On one of the initial screens it indicates "contact us for availability" but when you continue on in the reservation process, you will see the deluxe suites with availability but not the SS, SY and SZ.

Thanks,

I didn't go that far into the HAL site as my TA did the booking. I assumed (incorrectly) that the Deluxe suites were all booked. Maybe I will talk to my DH about "upgrading" to the SA category. :rolleyes::D

Cheers!

Archived