Booking speciality dining

Hey all,

Approximately how long before sail date can you reserve speciality dining? We're travelling in September and the option is not available yet :-(

Thanks in advance,

Steve

You don't say where you're sailing, but from our experience if it's Caribbean sailings, then about 3 months out. If it's a Mediterrean sailing out of Spain, and the cruise only visits EU ports, then they won't let you book online as they have to charge Spanish tax and the online system can't cater for that.

Yes, cruising the Caribbean. So do I pay for it when I book?

If you book online, then yes you pay when you book. If you book when onboard (suggest you do it as soon as you board as already mentioned) then the cover charge goes onto your onboard account and you pay at the end of the cruise.

So if you are doing Europe out of Spain, can you book through our TA? We really want to do the Mystery Dinner. Is it only offered one night?

Please see the Spanish VAT thread which explains it all http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1207869

You cannot prebook anything if your ship only visits EU counries like France or Italy or Spain. You wait till you are on board.

When we have booked on line ahead of time we were charged on our credit card, but they also charged us on our cruise fare for it! I just happened to catch that. I don't think we ever got that straighened out, so consequently we don't book ahead any more. I have always been able to get the day and time that I wanted when I booked as soon as I get on board.

Archived