Transportation from NJ pier to Times Square Hotel

hisfirstm8

There will be 4 of us arriving into the NJ port this September on the Constellation. WE are staying an extra night in New York near Times Square. What is the best way for the 4 of us and all our luggage to get to our hotel. Are the taxis that are vans, since will be have so much luggage. Any idea on the cost and the time to get from NJ to our hotel?

Barbara

There should be a taxi or limo co that can accomodate you. Just because it's a "limo" co doesn't mean you get a stretch, unless you want one. I don't know their phone # or web address but try a co called State Shuttle. I think they have vans that go to NYC from NJ.

I just read that RCCL will be offering transfers to Port Authority and Penn Station (Manhattan) this year from Cape Liberty. As Port Authority is on 42nd Street and 8th Avenue, it would be good if you were staying at a Times Square hotel.

Give RCCL a call.

Janice

Your hotel is on West 46th Street between 6 and 7 Avenues. This is the easiest part of the city to get around as the streets and avenues are numbered. You would go north on 8th Avenue from the Port Authority, make a right on 46th street and go about 1-1/2 blocks. Very centrally located for shows, Rockefeller Center, etc. Many Brazilian restaurants on 46th Street.

Have a great time.

Janice

Janice,

How close will the shuttle drop us from our hotel. We are excited because we got a great rate on the hotel and hoped it was a good location. Do you think that I could just call RCL and ask about the shuttle? What exactly do I ask for?

Barbara

Barbara --

Times Square and your midtown location are fine. Taxis are abundant in NYC. The rates are posted & the meter should always run. Walk to the curb, stick your hand up in the air & viola one will appear. You can also ask the doorman at the hotel to get you one. ;) Just stay out of gypsy cabs (they have no meters or markings) & you'll be fine.

Enjoy your stay.

Janice,

How close will the shuttle drop us from our hotel. We are excited because we got a great rate on the hotel and hoped it was a good location. Do you think that I could just call RCL and ask about the shuttle? What exactly do I ask for?

Barbara

If you pack light and have quality rolling bags- it is walkable. BUT for most people no- just get outside at Port Authority and hail a cab. I walk from pier 88 with the NCL Dawn all the time to 8th Ave- 4 long blocks, but again not for everyone. :)

• 4 weeks later...

....there's a company here in Jersey called Air Brook Limousine. Website is

airbrook.com (sorry, I don't know how to do the link!) or phone #973-379-6900. We've used them a number of times to and from JFK in the city when travelling overseas. Hope this helps. ~B~

• 3 months later...

You can get a car service from a number of different places...

212-333-3333

212-666-6666

212-777-7777

(all different companies)

I use them all the time for the airport and the cost is generally $40-50. They can easily fit 3-4 people and the trunks are fairly large for lugguge.

Get ready for your first NY experience - the attendants are fairly curt on the phone. Enjoy your trip.

Archived